Justin D'Arms is Professor of Philosophy at Ohio State University. He has published in various philosophical journals and edited collections, on topics in metaethics, moral psychology, moral theory, and the philosophy of emotion. His article “Empathy and Evaluative Inquiry” (2000) argues for a distinctive role for emotional contagion in the epistemology of value.
EMPATHY, APPROVAL, AND DISAPPROVAL IN MORAL SENTIMENTALISM
Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Special Issue: Spindel Supplement: Empathy and Ethics
Volume 49, Issue Supplement s1, pages 134–141, September 2011
How to Cite
D'ARMS, J. (2011), EMPATHY, APPROVAL, AND DISAPPROVAL IN MORAL SENTIMENTALISM. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 49: 134–141. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2011.00062.x
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!