Michael Slote is UST Professor of Ethics at the University of Miami. He is the author of several books and many articles on ethics, political philosophy, and moral psychology, including Moral Sentimentalism (Oxford University Press, 2010) and The Impossibility of Perfection: Aristotle, Feminism, and the Complexities of Ethics (Oxford University Press, 2011). He is currently working on the virtue of receptivity and its relation both to empathy and caring and to the larger historical traditions of Western philosophy.
REPLY TO JUSTIN D'ARMS AND LORI WATSON
Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Special Issue: Spindel Supplement: Empathy and Ethics
Volume 49, Issue Supplement s1, pages 148–155, September 2011
How to Cite
SLOTE, M. (2011), REPLY TO JUSTIN D'ARMS AND LORI WATSON. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 49: 148–155. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2011.00064.x
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!