Jesse Prinz is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the City University of New York, Graduate Center. He is author of Furnishing the Mind: Concepts and Their Perception Basis (MIT Press, 2002), Gut Reactions: A Perceptual Theory of Emotion (Oxford University Press, 2004), and The Emotional Construction of Morals (Oxford University Press, 2008). He also has two forthcoming books: The Conscious Brain (Oxford University Press) and Beyond Human Nature (Penguin/Norton).
Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
© 2011 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Special Issue: Spindel Supplement: Empathy and Ethics
Volume 49, Issue Supplement s1, pages 214–233, September 2011
How to Cite
PRINZ, J. (2011), AGAINST EMPATHY. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 49: 214–233. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2011.00069.x
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!