Mylan Engel Jr. is Professor of Philosophy at Northern Illinois University. He specializes in epistemology and animal ethics. He recently published (with Kathie Jenni) The Philosophy of Animal Rights: A Brief Introduction for Students and Teachers (Lantern Books, 2010). His work in epistemology has been published in various journals including Acta Analytica, Erkenntnis, Philosophical Studies, and The Southern Journal of Philosophy.
COHERENTISM AND THE EPISTEMIC JUSTIFICATION OF MORAL BELIEFS: A CASE STUDY IN HOW TO DO PRACTICAL ETHICS WITHOUT APPEAL TO A MORAL THEORY
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2012
© 2012 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 50–74, March 2012
How to Cite
ENGEL JR., M. (2012), COHERENTISM AND THE EPISTEMIC JUSTIFICATION OF MORAL BELIEFS: A CASE STUDY IN HOW TO DO PRACTICAL ETHICS WITHOUT APPEAL TO A MORAL THEORY. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 50: 50–74. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2011.00084.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!