Michael Friedman is the Frederick P. Rehmus Family Professor of Humanities at Stanford University, where he directs the Patrick Suppes Center for the History and Philosophy of Science. He is the author of Foundations of Space-Time Theories: Relativistic Physics and Philosophy of Science (Princeton University Press, 1983) and Kant and the Exact Sciences (Harvard University Press, 1992), and he is the editor of Kant: Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science (Cambridge University Press, 2004). His most recent book, Kant's Construction of Nature: A Reading of the Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science, is forthcoming from Cambridge University Press.
NEWTON AND KANT: QUANTITY OF MATTER IN THE METAPHYSICAL FOUNDATIONS OF NATURAL SCIENCE
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 482–503, September 2012
How to Cite
FRIEDMAN, M. (2012), NEWTON AND KANT: QUANTITY OF MATTER IN THE METAPHYSICAL FOUNDATIONS OF NATURAL SCIENCE. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 50: 482–503. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2012.00126.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!