Mary Domski is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of New Mexico. Her research focuses on the interplay of philosophy, mathematics, and science during the early modern period, and in the work of Descartes, Newton, and Kant, in particular. She has authored several papers on philosophical themes in seventeenth-century mathematics and science and is also co-editor with Michael Dickson of Discourse on a New Method: Reinvigorating the Marriage of History and Philosophy of Science (Open Court, 2010).
NEWTON AND PROCLUS: GEOMETRY, IMAGINATION, AND KNOWING SPACE
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 389–413, September 2012
How to Cite
DOMSKI, M. (2012), NEWTON AND PROCLUS: GEOMETRY, IMAGINATION, AND KNOWING SPACE. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 50: 389–413. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2012.00129.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!