Janet Folina is Professor of Philosophy at Macalester College. She is interested in the concept of mathematical proof and its relation to issues such as the use of diagrams in mathematics and Church's Thesis. She is the author of Poincaré and the Philosophy of Mathematics (Palgrave Macmillan, 1992), and, in general, enjoys research on the philosophies of working mathematicians from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
NEWTON AND HAMILTON: IN DEFENSE OF TRUTH IN ALGEBRA
Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 504–527, September 2012
How to Cite
FOLINA, J. (2012), NEWTON AND HAMILTON: IN DEFENSE OF TRUTH IN ALGEBRA. The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 50: 504–527. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2012.00131.x
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!