Eric Schliesser is BOF Research Professor in Philosophy and Moral Sciences at Ghent University. He has published widely in philosophy of economics as well as on figures in early modern philosophy (including Spinoza, Huygens, Newton, Hume, Berkeley, Smith, and de Grouchy). He is co-editor with Leonidas Montes of New Voices on Adam Smith (Routledge, 2006) and with Andrew Janiak of Interpreting Newton (Cambridge, 2012).
NEWTON AND SPINOZA: ON MOTION AND MATTER (AND GOD, OF COURSE)
Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 The University of Memphis
The Southern Journal of Philosophy
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 436–458, September 2012
How to Cite
SCHLIESSER, E. (2012), NEWTON AND SPINOZA: ON MOTION AND MATTER (AND GOD, OF COURSE). The Southern Journal of Philosophy, 50: 436–458. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-6962.2012.00132.x
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!