Equine Science Division, Hidaka Yearling Training Farm, Japan Racing Association, 535–13, Nishicha, Urakawa-cho, Urakawa-gun, Hokkaido, 057–0171, Japan.
Digestible energy expenditure in grazing activity of growing horses
Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2010
© 1999 EVJ Ltd
Equine Veterinary Journal
Volume 31, Issue S30, pages 490–492, July 1999
How to Cite
ASAI, Y., MATSUI, A., OSAWA, T., KAWAI, M. and KONDO, S. (1999), Digestible energy expenditure in grazing activity of growing horses. Equine Veterinary Journal, 31: 490–492. doi: 10.1111/j.2042-3306.1999.tb05271.x
- Issue online: 10 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2010
- 1989) Growth performance of yearling horses grazing Bermudagrass pastures at different grazing pressures. J. anim. Sci. 67, 2692–2697. , , and (
- Anon (1989) Nutrient Requirements of Horses. 5th edn., National Research Council, National Academy Press, Washington DC.
- Anon (1998) Japanese Feeding Standard for Horses, Equine Research Institute, Japan Racing Association. Animal Media Co., Ltd. Tokyo, pp 12–13.
- 1981) Estimating digestible energy and TDN for horses with chemical analyses of feeds. J. anim. Sri. 53 (Suppl. 1):241 (Abstr). (
- 1988) The potential of pasture to supply the nutritional requirements of grazing horses. Aust. vet. J. 73, 67–68. (
- 1979) Growth rate of Thoroughbreds. Effect of age of dam, year and month of birth, and sex of foal. J. anim. Sci. 48, 480–487. , and (
- 1985) Behavioral studies on yearling horses in field environments. 1. Effects of the field size on the behavior of horses. Bull, equine Res. Inst. 22, 1–7. , , , , , and (
- 1996) Nutrition of grazing brood mares and growing horses. Aust. vet. J. 74, 64–70. (
- 1995) Comparison with AIA and Lignin as an indicator of Estimation of Amount of Feces in Digestive Trial in Horses, (in Japanese). Graduation thesis, Nihon Univ. (
- 1983) Grazing behavior and heart rate of growing Thoroughbred. Proceedings of the 5th World Conference on Animal Production 2, 807–808. and (
- 1989) The effect of exercise on bone growth and development in weanling horses. J. anim. Sci. 67, 2508–2514. , and (
- 1977) Studies with horses comparing 4N-HC1 insoluble ash as an index material with total fecal collection in the determination of apparent digestibilities. Can. J. anim. Sci. 57, 543–549. , and (
- 1963) Use of detergents in the analysis of fibrous feeds. II. A rapid method for the determination of fiber and lignin. J. Ass. Off. agric. Chem. 46, 829–835. (