Antimicrobial prescribing practice in UK equine veterinary practice
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2012
© 2012 EVJ Ltd
Equine Veterinary Journal
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 141–147, March 2013
How to Cite
HUGHES, L. A., PINCHBECK, G., CALLABY, R., DAWSON, S., CLEGG, P. and WILLIAMS, N. (2013), Antimicrobial prescribing practice in UK equine veterinary practice. Equine Veterinary Journal, 45: 141–147. doi: 10.1111/j.2042-3306.2012.00602.x
- Issue published online: 1 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2012
- Received: 18.08.11; Accepted: 17.05.12
- 1EMEA (1999) EMEA/CVMP/342/99 Final Report: Antibiotic Resistance in the European Union Associated with Therapeutic use of Veterinary Medicines – Report and Qualitative Risk Assessment, EMEA, London.
- 62009) 150 years of the annual report of the chief medical officer: on the state of public health 2008.(
- 7Anon (2009) OPSI . The Veterinary Medicines Regulations. Printed and published in the UK by The Stationery Office Limited under the authority and superintendence of Carol Tullo, Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office and Queen's Printer of Acts of Parliament.
- 8Anon (2010) VMD. Veterinary Medicines Directorate Product Information Database . ( http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/ProductInformationDatabase/ )
- 11Anon (2009) VMD. Sales of Antimicrobial Products Authorised for Use as Veterinary Medicines, Antiprotozoals, Antifungals and Coccidiostats, in the UK in 2008 . Compiled by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, New Haw, UK. (only published online: http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/pdf/salesanti10.pdf)
- 13Anon (2010) NOAH. National Office of Animal Health Compendium of Data Sheets for Animal Medicines . The National Office of Animal Health Ltd, National Office of Animal Health Ltd, Enfield, UK.
- 14Anon (2010) VMD. Guidance on the Use of the Cascade . Compiled by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, New Haw, UK. (only published online: http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/pdf/vmgn/VMGNote13.pdf)
- 252012) Cross-sectional study of antimicrobial-resistant bacteria in horses. Part 1: prevalence of antimicrobial-resistant Escherichia coli and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Equine Vet. J. 44, 289-296., , , , , and (