- Top of page
- Global reach of obesity and overweight
- Health effects of obesity and overweight
- Economics of obesity and overweight
- Multidisciplinary professional discussions
- Societal efforts
- What can pharmacy practice provide?
Obesity and overweight is a continuing public health crisis. This health threat respects no boundaries or economic strata, and is a pervasive universal threat with short- and long-term negative sequelae associated. Pharmacists and other health professionals need to structure interventions from individual patient and population-based standpoints. Documentation of effects of programmes needs to be disseminated and incorporated into educational, research and practice-based efforts.