Escaping the impulse to immediate gratification: The prospect concept promotes a future-oriented mindset, prompting an inclination towards delayed gratification
Article first published online: 23 AUG 2011
©2011 The British Psychological Society
British Journal of Psychology
Volume 103, Issue 1, pages 129–141, February 2012
How to Cite
Cheng, Y.-Y., Shein, P. P. and Chiou, W.-B. (2012), Escaping the impulse to immediate gratification: The prospect concept promotes a future-oriented mindset, prompting an inclination towards delayed gratification. British Journal of Psychology, 103: 129–141. doi: 10.1111/j.2044-8295.2011.02067.x
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 23 AUG 2011
- Received 6 February 2011; revised version received 1 June 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!