Socioeconomic factors and childhood overweight in Europe: results from the multi-centre IDEFICS study
Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Pediatric Obesity © 2012 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 1–12, February 2013
How to Cite
Bammann, K., Gwozdz, W., Lanfer, A., Barba, G., De Henauw, S., Eiben, G., Fernandez-Alvira, J.M., Kovács, E., Lissner, L., Moreno, L.A., Tornaritis, M., Veidebaum, T., Pigeot, I. and the IDEFICS Consortium (2013), Socioeconomic factors and childhood overweight in Europe: results from the multi-centre IDEFICS study. Pediatric Obesity, 8: 1–12. doi: 10.1111/j.2047-6310.2012.00075.x
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 9 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2012
- European Community. Grant Number: 016181
- 11Social determinants of health, 2nd edn. Oxford University Press: Oxford; New York, 2006., .
- 15Assessment of diet. physical activity and biological, social and environmental factors in a multi-centre European project on diet- and lifestyle-related disorders in children (IDEFICS). J Public Health 2006; 14: 279–289., , , et al.
- 16United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Institute for Statistics. International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 1997. UNESCO: Montreal, QC, 2006.
- 17The European Socioeconomic Classification (ESeC). User Guide. University of Essex: Colchester, 2006., .
- 18Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Growing Unequal? Income Distribution and Poverty in OECD Countries. OECD: Paris, 2008.
- 19Eurostat. Euopean Social Statistics. Income, Poverty and Social Exclusion: 2nd Report. Data 1994–1997. Office for Official Publications of the European Communities: Luxembourg, 2002.
- 20United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Human Development Indices: A Statistical Update. UNDP: New York, 2008.
- 24Double disadvantage: the influence of ethnicity over socioeconomic position on childhood overweight and obesity: findings from an inner urban population of primary school children. Int J Pediatr Obes 2008; 3: 196–204., , , et al.