Packaged baby and toddler foods: questions of sugar and sodium
Version of Record online: 22 APR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Pediatric Obesity © 2014 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Volume 10, Issue 2, pages 149–155, April 2015
How to Cite
Elliott, C. D. and Conlon, M. J. (2015), Packaged baby and toddler foods: questions of sugar and sodium. Pediatric Obesity, 10: 149–155. doi: 10.1111/j.2047-6310.2014.223.x
- Issue online: 16 MAR 2015
- Version of Record online: 22 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 4 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 10 NOV 2013
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- BMO Financial Endowment in Healthy Living
- Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute for Child and Maternal Health (ACHRI)
- 1United Nations. Political declaration of the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases. 2011.
- 2U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 7th edn. U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2010.
- 4Center for Science in the Public Interest. Salt Assault: Brand-Name Comparison of Processed Foods, 3rd edn. CSPI: Washington, DC, 2013.
- 5Shaking salt and sugar from your diet. Consumer Reports Health 2008; 20: 8–9.
- 8Junk food for babies? An investigation into foods marketed for babies and young children. Children's Food Campaign. Sustain 2009.,
- 9Sugar horror in baby bikkies. The Food Commission. 2000. [WWW document]. URL http://www.foodcomm.org.uk/press/baby_biscuits_2000/ (accessed March 11, 2014).
- 10Sodium content of commercial baby and toddler foods [poster abstract]. Circulation 2013; 127: AP253., , , .
- 13Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Water, Potassium, Sodium, Chloride, and Sulfate. The National Academies Press: Washington, DC, 2005.
- 14How to understand and use the nutrition facts label. Food and Drug Administration. 2004. [WWW document]. URL http://www.fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/LabelingNutrition/ucm274593.htm (accessed March 11, 2014).
- 19Consumption of added sugar among U.S. children and adolescents, 2005–2008. NCHS Data Brief 2012; 87: 1–8., , , .