Community Development and the Urban Ethnic Dimension
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1977 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Pieces of a Dream: The Ethnic Worker's Crisis with America
Volume 3, Issue 1, pages 31–52, January 1977
How to Cite
Brown, J. L. and Feinstein, O. (1977), Community Development and the Urban Ethnic Dimension. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 3: 31–52. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1977.tb00905.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1Bureau of the Census, Compendium of Governmental Finances. U.S. Department of Commerce, 1969.
- 2Edgar S. Cohn and Barry Passett (eds.), “Citizen Participation in Model Cities: Technical Assistance Bulletin No. 3,” in Citizen Participation: A Case Book in Democracy. New Jersey Community Action Training Institute, Trenton, N.J. 1969.
- 3The Public and Its Problems. Alan Swallow: Denver 1927.,
- 4The Approaches and Uses of Ethnic Studies in the Education of Young Detroiters. Monograph 8, Detroit Area Inter-Ethnic Studies Association, 1972.,
- 5Some Sources of Residential Satisfaction in an Urban Slum,” American Institute of Planners Journal, Vol. 26–27, 1960-61, pp. 393–400.and , “
- 6People and Plans. Basic Books, N.Y. 1968.,
- 7The Urban Villagers. Free Press, N.Y. 1962.,
- 8Assimilation in American Life, Oxford University Press, N.Y. 1964.,
- 9The Rehabilitation Planning Game: A Study in the Diversity of Neighborhood, The M.I.T. Press, Cambridge, Mass. 1960.,
- 11Mind, Self, and Society, Edited by Charles W. Morris, University of Chicago Press, 1934.,
- 12David W. Minar and Scott Greer (eds.), “The Integrative and Disruptive Effects of Politics,” The Concept of Community Aldine Publishing Co., Chicago 1960.
- 13Neighborhood Governance, National Project on Ethnic America, The American Jewish Committee, N.Y. 1971.,
- 14The Concern for Community in Urban America. Odyssey Press, N.Y. 1970.,
- 15Colonialism: Classic and Internal, Detroit 1968.,
- 16Mapping the Distribution of Ethnic Groups in Metropolitan Detroit, Monograph 3, Detroit Area Inter-Ethnic Studies Association, Detroit 1972.and ,
- 17The Stranger Mentality and the Culture of Poverty,” Monteith Reader, Detroit 1970., “
- 18Retrospect on Yesterday's Future” in The Concept of Community, Minar and Greer (eds.), Aldine Publishing Co., Chicago 1969., “
- 19U.S. Government Printing Office, HUD Statistical Yearbook 1970, Washington, D.C. 1971.