3: Keeping Refugee Status: A Tibetan Perspective
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1987 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: People in Upheaval
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 54–65, March 1987
How to Cite
Marie de Voe, D. (1987), 3: Keeping Refugee Status: A Tibetan Perspective. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 5: 54–65. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1987.tb00494.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1980 An Interview with the Dalai Lama. New York: Littlebird.
- 1984 In Exile From the Land of Snows. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama 1969 Tibetans in Exile: 1959–1969. Dharamsala, India: Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- 1975 The Nation in Your Mind: Continuity and Change Among Tibetan Refugees in Nepal. Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation. University of Goteborg, Sweden.
- 1984 Psycho-social Dimensions of Cultural Conservation among Tibetan Refugees in India. China Border Areas Conference, Taipei, Taiwan.
- 1960 The Tibetan Self-Image. Pacific Affairs 33(4): 374–382.
- 1964 Religious Observances in Tibet: Patterns and Functions. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1964 Insight and Responsibility. New York: W.W. Norton.
- 1978 Ethnogenesis and Resource Competition Among Tibetan Refugees in South India: A New Face to the Indo-Tibetan Interface. In Himalayan Anthropology. James F. Fisher, ed. Pp. 395–420. The Hague: Mouton.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama 1979 Statement of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in the 20th Anniversary of the Tibetan National Uprising of March 10, 1959. The Tibet Society Newsletter 7:1.
- 1978 Tibetan Culture and Personality: Refugee Responses to a Culture-Bound TAT. In Himalayan Anthropology. James F. Fisher, ed. Pp. 365–393. The Hague: Mouton.
- 1978 Tibetans in India: A Case Study of Mundgod Tibetans. New Delhi: Sterling.
- 1958 A General Typology of Migration. American Sociological Review 23(6): 256–265.
- 1982 From Welfare to Development: A Conceptual Framework for the Analysis of Dislocated People. In Involuntary Migration and Resettlement: The Problems and Responses of Dislocated People. Art Hansen and Anthony Oliver-Smith, eds. Pp. 267–287. Boulder, Colo.: Westview. and