4: Refugees and the Structure of Opportunity: Transitional Adjustments to Aid Among U.S. Resettled Lao Iu Mien, 1980–1985
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1987 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: People in Upheaval
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 66–87, March 1987
How to Cite
Habarad, J. (1987), 4: Refugees and the Structure of Opportunity: Transitional Adjustments to Aid Among U.S. Resettled Lao Iu Mien, 1980–1985. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 5: 66–87. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1987.tb00495.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1975 Community Participation in Health Programmes and Health Planning. Bulletin of the Public Health Society 9:42–48.
- 1971 The Social Consequences of Resettlement: The Impact of the Kariba Resettlement Upon the Gwembe Tonga. Manchester, England: Manchester University Press.
- 1982 Segmentary Kinship in an Urban Society: The Hmong of St. Paul-Minneapolis. Anthropological Quarterly (55)3:126–134.
- 1981 Refugee Resettlement: The Infighting in Washington. The Public Interest 65:15.
- 1982 Community Influences on the Occupational Adaptation of Vietnamese Refugees. Anthropological Quarterly 55(3): 161–181.
- 1976 Interethnic Relations: An Essay in Sociological Theory. New York: Elsevier Scientific Publishing.
- 1964 Assimilation in American Life. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 1974 Adaptive Strategies in Urban Migration. Annual Review of Anthropology 3:117–151. and
- 1982 Memo to Regional Directors. June. Photocopy.
- 1967 Autonomy and Integration of Social Systems: The Iu Mien (Yao) and Their Neighbors. In Southeast Asian Tribes, Minorities and Nations. Peter Kunstadter, ed. Pp. 583–638. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press.
- 1975 Uprooting and Social Change: The Role of Refugees in Development. Delhi: Manohar.
- 1983 Refugee Resettlement: Models in Action. International Migration Review 17(1): 4–33.
- 1982 Yao Ceremonial Paintings. Bangkok, Thailand: White Lotus.
- 1982 Kaleidoscope: The Resettlement of Refugees in the United States by Voluntary Agencies. Report to the U.S. Department of State. New TransCentury Foundation. , and
- 1982 Vietnamese Refugee Resettlement: Denver, Colorado, 1975–1977. In Involuntary Migration and Resettlement: The Problems and Responses of Dislocated People. Art Hansen and Anthony Oliver-Smith, eds. Pp. 69–84. Boulder, Colo.: Westview. and
- 1971 Kerem El: The Pattern of Relations Between the Moshav and the Resettlement Institutions. In Rural Settlements of New Immigrants in Israel. Ovadia Shapiro, ed. Pp. 61–80. Rehovot, Israel: Settlement Study Center.
- 1983 Voluntary Efforts in Decentralized Management: Opportunities and Constraints in Rural Development. Berkeley: Institute of International Studies, University of California, Berkeley. , with and
- 1982 The Hmong Refugee Community in San Diego: Theoretical and Practical Implications of its Continuing Ethnic Solidarity. Anthropological Quarterly 55(3): 146–160.
- 1966 Man-made Lakes and Population Relocation in Africa. In Man-Made Lakes. R. Lowe McConnel, ed. Pp. 99–107. London: Academic Press for the Institute of Biology.
- 1973 The Human Ecology of Big Projects: River Basin Development and Resettlement. Annual Review of Anthropology 2:45–62. Palo Alto, Calif.: Annual Reviews.
- 1982 From Welfare to Development: A Conceptual Framework for the Analysis of Dislocated People. In Involuntary Migration and Resettlement: The Problems and Responses of Dislocated People. Art Hansen and Anthony Oliver-Smith, eds. Pp. 267–287. Boulder, Colo.: Westview. and
- 1971 Rural Settlements of New Immigrants in Israel. Rehovot, Israel: Settlement Study Center.
- 1981 The Refugee Experience: Defining the Parameters of a Field of Study. International Migration Review 15(1–2):320–330.
- 1981 Toward a Theory of Assimilation and Disimilation. Ethnic and Racial Studies 4:249–264.