6: Dealing with Frustration: A Study of Interactions Between Resettlement Staff and Refugees
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1987 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: People in Upheaval
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 108–128, March 1987
How to Cite
Gold, S. J. (1987), 6: Dealing with Frustration: A Study of Interactions Between Resettlement Staff and Refugees. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 5: 108–128. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1987.tb00497.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- AACMHTC: Asian American Community Mental Health Training Center 1981 Bridging Cultures: Southeast Asian Refugees in America. Los Angeles.
- 1979 Language and Identity: Haitians in New York City. International Migration Review 13(2): 298–313.
- 1981 The Trauma of Transition. In Bridging Cultures: Southeast Asian Refugees in America. Pp. 15–31. Los Angeles: Asian American Mental Health Training Center.
- 1983 Health Education and Beyond: A Soviet Women's Group Experience. Journal of Jewish Communal Service 60(1): 65–69. and
- 1981 Framing Refugees as Clients. International Migration Review 15(1): 88–94.
- 1983 The Soviet Immigrant Client: Beyond Resettlement. Journal of Jewish Communal Service 60(2): 146–154. and
- 1982 A Portrait in Diversity: Voluntary Agencies and the Office of Refugee Resettlement Matching Grant Program. Office of Refugee Resettlement Report. , , and
- 1981 Occupational Assimilation of Refugees. International Migration Review 15(1): 292–309.
- 1983 Southeast Asian Refugee Resettlement on the Local Level: The Role of the Ethnic Community and the Nature of Refugee Impact. Menlo Park, Ca.: SRI International. and
- 1978 Soviet Immigrants and American Absorption Efforts: A Case Study in Detroit. Journal of Jewish Communal Services 55(1): 72–82.
- Working the Soviet System: Citizens and Urban Bureaucracies. In The Contemporary Soviet City. Morton, Henry W. and Robert C. Stuart, eds. New York: M.E. Sharpe, forthcoming. n.d.
- 1963 Beyond the Melting Pot. Cambridge: MIT Press. and
- 1952 On Cooling the Mark Out. Psychiatry 15:451–463.
- 1967 Interaction Ritual. Garden City, N.Y.: Anchor.
- 1981 Jewish Acculturation and the Soviet Immigrant. Journal of Jewish Communal Service 57(3): 154–163.
- 1982 City College and the Jewish Poor. New York: Schocken.
- 1984 Emergence From Transition. Paper presented at the Kroeber Anthropological Society Annual Meeting, University of California at Berkeley. March 24, 1984.
- 1978 Soviet Jewry: Perspectives on the Dropout Issue. Journal of Jewish Communal Service 55(1): 83–89.
- 1982 Director of New American's Program, San Francisco Jewish Family and Children's Service, Interview September 29.
- 1974 Chinese Americans. New York: Random House.
- Murray, Michael and Associates 1981 A Report on Refugee Services in San Francisco. San Francisco: Center For Southeast Asian Refugee Resettlement.
- 1984 Vietnamese Refugees in the United States: Adaptation and Transitional Status. Journal of Ethnic Studies 9(4): 101–116. and
- ORR: Office of Refugee Resettlement 1982 Report to Congress: Refugee Resettlement Program.
- ORR: Office of Refugee Resettlement 1983 Report to Congress: Refugee Resettlement Program.
- ORR: Office of Refugee Resettlement 1984 Report to Congress: Refugee Resettlement Program.
- ORS: Office of Refugee Services (California). 1983 State Plan for Refugee Assistance and Services, Federal Fiscal Year 1983.
- 1981 Exit Visa. New York: McCann and Geoghegan.
- 1962 The Promised City. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- 1980 Language, Culture and the Jewish Acculturation of Soviet Jewish Emigres. Journal of Jewish Communal Service 57(1): 44–49.
- 1976 The Russians. New York: Ballentine.
- 1982 Economic Adaptability: The Case of the Gypsies. Paper presented at American Sociological Association Meeting, San Francisco. September 6.
- 1955 Street Corner Society. 1st ed. 1943. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1965 Industrial Society and Social Welfare. New York: Free Press. and
- 1970 Stations of the Lost. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
- 1981 Appropriate Mental Health Treatment and Service Delivery for Southeast Asians In Bridging Cultures: Southeast Asian Refugees in America. Pp. 195–216. Los Angeles: Asian American Mental Health Training Center.