8: Assimilation Patterns of Koreans in the United States
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1987 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: People in Upheaval
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 144–158, March 1987
How to Cite
Kim, E.-Y. (1987), 8: Assimilation Patterns of Koreans in the United States. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 5: 144–158. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1987.tb00499.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1977 An Ethnic Political Orientation as a Function of Assimilation: With Reference to Koreans in Los Angeles. In The Korean Diaspora. Hyung-Chan Kim, ed. Pp. 191–204. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-Clio.
- 1979 Koreans in America. Chicago: Nelson-Hall.
- 1964 Assimilation in American Life. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 1978 Assimilation Patterns of Immigrants in the United States: A Case Study of Korean Immigrants in the Chicago Area. Washington D.C.: University Press of America. , , and
- 1984 Adhesive Sociocultural Adaptation of Korean in the U.S.: An Alternative Strategy of Minority Adaptation. International Migration Review 18:188–216. &
- 1970 Korean Emigrants to the U.S.A. 1959–1969. Korea Journal 11:16–24.
- 1981 New Urban Immigrants: The Korean Community in New York. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press.
- 1976 Japanese Americans: The Evolution of a Subculture. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall. 1st ed. 1969.
- Korea Times 1984a The Total Number of Koreans in California is 270,084. San Francisco edition. September 17.
- Korea Times 1984b The Swish of a Skirt that Immigrated to the U.S. San Francisco edition. October 10.
- 1960 Acculturation Without Assimilation. American Journal of Sociology 66:275–288.
- 1974 Valley City: A Chinese Community in America. Cambridge, Mass: Schenkman.
- 1977 Early History of Korean Immigration to America. In The Korean Diaspora. Hyung-Chan Kim, ed. Pp. 33–46. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-Clio.