10: Transmigration Policies in Indonesia: Government Aims and Popular Response
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1987 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: People in Upheaval
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 180–196, March 1987
How to Cite
Abdoellah, O. S. (1987), 10: Transmigration Policies in Indonesia: Government Aims and Popular Response. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 5: 180–196. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1987.tb00501.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1983 Resettlement Problems at Saguling Dam, West Java, Indonesia. Paper prepared for Migration and Resettlement Seminar, Fall 1983. Department of Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley.
- 1971 Schools and Politics: The Kaum Muda Movement in West Sumatra (1927–1933). Monograph Series, Modern Indonesia Project, South East Asia Program. Ithaca: Cornell University Press.
- 1970 Pembahasan Peranan dan Pengaruh Transmigrasi dalam Pembinaan Persatuan dan Kesatuan Bangsa (Discussion of the Role and Influence of Transmigration in the Fostering of National Union and Unity). In Arti dan Peranan Transmigrasi di Indonesia. Jakarta: P. T. Makarti Djaya.
- 1965 The Conditions of Agricultural Growth: The Economics of Agrarian Change Under Population Pressure. Chicago: Aldine Press.
- 1982 Homegarden and its Possibility for Implementation in Transmigration Areas. Paper presented at the TROPSOIL CRSP lecture series. University of Hawaii. and
- 1981 Migration Decision Making: Multidisciplinary Approaches to Microlevel Studies in Developed and Developing Countries. New York: Pergamon Press. and
- Hansen, Gary E., ed. 1981 Agricultural and Rural Development in Indonesia. Boulder, Colo.: Westview.
- 1977 Transmigration in Indonesia. Asia Current Affairs.
- 1980 Patterns and Policies in Migration and Resettlement in Indonesia. In Migration and Resettlement: Rural-Urban Policies. Pp. 1–53. UNDP-ESCAP.
- 1983 Go East, Young Man. Far Eastern Economic Review. Oct. 6:40–43.
- Heeren 1979 Transmigration in Indonesia. Jakarta: P. T. Gramedia.
- 1979 Migration to and from Jakarta. In Migration and Development in South-east Asia: A Demographic Perspective. Robin J. Pryor, ed. Pp. 192–203. Kuala Lumpur: Oxford University Press.
- 1979 The Impact of Migration on Villages in Java. In Migration and Development in South-East Asia. Robin J. Pryor, ed. Pp. 204–211. Kuala Lumpur: Oxford University Press.
- 1979 The Transmigration Programme and Development Planning. In Migration and Development in South-East Asia: A Demographic Perspective. Robin J. Pryor, ed. Pp. 212–221. Kuala Lumpur: Oxford University Press.
- 1980 Potential of Homegarden in Tidal Transmigration Areas, South and Central Kalimantan. Paper presented at the Seminar of the Ecology of Homegarden III, Institute of Ecology, Padjadjara University, Bandung. December 18–19. 24 p. , , and
- 1983 Mass Migration: Indonesia Pushes Plans for Moving Millions Off The Island of Java. The Wall Street Journal. Sept. 6. P. 1.
- 1968 Human Migration: A Guide to Migration Literature in English. Lexington: University of Kentucky Press.
- 1974 Merantau: Minangkabau Voluntary Migration. Ph.d. dissertation. University of Singapore.
- 1982 Population and Development in Indonesia: A Status Report. National Family Planning Coordinating Board Monograph No. 32.
- 1945 Pioneer Settlement in the Asiatic Tropics. American Geographical Society Special Publication No. 29.
- 1983 Transmigration and Accumulation in Indonesia. In State Policies and International Migration. A. S. Oberal, ed. Pp. 183–222. New York: St. Martin's.
- Pryor, Robin, ed. 1975 The Motivation of Migration. Canberra: Australian National University Press.
- Pryor, Robin, ed. 1979 Migration and Development in South-East Asia: A Demographic Perspective. Kuala Lumpur: Oxford University Press.
- 1980 Migration and Resettlement: Rural-Urban Policies. Vol. VI. Manila: Social Welfare and Development Center for Asia and the Pacific. , , , and
- 1980 Migration and Resettlement: Rural-Urban Policies. Vol. IV. Manila: Social Welfare and Development Centre for Asia and the Pacific. , , and .
- 1983 Menham PNG Tito Dipecat (Papua New Guinea Minister of Defense Removed). Sept. 20. P. 1.
- 1980 Tanah Seberang tak Menarik: Studi Kasus daerah Krasak (The Outer Islands are not Interested: Case Study in Krasak). Prisma No. 5:52–58. Indonesia.
- 1983 A New Approach in Reforestation and Erosion Control in Indonesia. Paper presented at the International Symposium on Strategies and Designs for Reforestation, Afforestation, and Tree Planting. Wageningen, The Netherlands. Sept. 19–23. and
- 1975 Migration and Education in Jakarta. Indonesia: LEKNAS-LIPI. , , , and
- 1977 The Changing Focus of Transmigration. Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies 13(2): 78–101. and
- 1983 National Development, Transmigration Models and Demographic Trends in Indonesia. The Indonesian Quarterly 11(2).