1: International Migration and Pacific Basin Development
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1987 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Pacific Bridges: The New Immigration from Asia and the Pacific Islands
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 1–25, May 1987
How to Cite
Fawcett, J. T. and Cariño, B. V. (1987), 1: International Migration and Pacific Basin Development. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 5: 1–25. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1987.tb00953.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1986 The Impact of International Migration on Developing countries.” Paper prepared for a meeting of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Paris, May.
- 1986 Asian Labor Migration: Pipeline to the Middle East. Boulder: Westview Press. , and
- 1984 Labor Immigration Under Capitalism: Asian Workers in the United States Before World War II. Berkeley: University of California Press. , and
- 1985 The Preference of Asian Overseas Students for the United States: An Examination of the Context. Higher Education, 14 (August): 403–423. , and
- East-West Center 1986 Asia-Pacific Report: Trends, Issues, Challenges. Honolulu.
- 1985 Asia-Pacific Immigration to the United States: A Conference Report. Honolulu: East-West Population Institute, East-West Center. , , and
- 1985 Asian Americans: Growth, Change, and Diversity. Population Bulletin, 40(4), October. , , and
- 1986 The New Yankee Traders.” Inc., March: 25–28.
- 1985 International Migration Theories: Conceptual and Definitional Issues.” Paper presented at the IUSSP Seminar on Emerging Issues in International Migration, Bellagio, Italy, April 22–26.
- 1985 Indian Emigrants: Numbers, Characteristics, and Economic Impact. Population and Development Review, 11(3):457–481.
- 1984 International Migration in a Changing World. International Social Science Journal, 36(3):409–423.
- 1981 The Global Labor Market in the Modern World-Economy.” In M. M. Kritz et al. (eds.), Global Trends in Migration: Theory and Research on International Population Movements. New York: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1984 Socio-cultural Adaptation and Conflict in Immigrant-Receiving Countries. International Social Science Journal, 36(3):519–536.
- 1984 Prospects of International Migration. International Social Science Journal, 36(3):425–440.
- 1985 The Elusive Exodus: Emigration from the United States. Population Trends and Public Policy, No. 8. Washington: Population Reference Bureau. , and
- 1985a Exit—The Gains and Losses of International Migration.” In E. Cohen et al. (eds.), Comparative Social Dynamics. Boulder: Westview Press.
- 1985b On International Migration and International Relations. Population and Development Review, 11(3):441–455.