10: Asian Immigrants to Canada
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1987 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Pacific Bridges: The New Immigration from Asia and the Pacific Islands
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 229–245, May 1987
How to Cite
Kubat, D. (1987), 10: Asian Immigrants to Canada. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 5: 229–245. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1987.tb00962.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1976 The Enemy That Never Was: A History of Japanese Canadians. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart.
- 1978 Immigration of Orientals into Canada with Special Reference to Chinese. New York: Arno Press.
- Migration History of Persons of Indian Origin in Canada.” London: Department of Sociology, University of Western Ontario. , and n.d. “
- 1968 Problems and Prospects of Increased Japanese Emigration to Canada: A Case Study of the Attitudes of a Selected Sample of Japanese Canadians to Immigration from Japan.” Master's thesis, Carleton University, Ottawa.
- 1977 A Review of the Historical and Sociological Literature on East Indians in Canada. Canadian Ethnic Studies, 7(1):86–108.
- 1979 South Asian Canadians and the Ethnic Mosaic: An Overview. Canadian Ethnic Studies, 9(1):48–68.
- Canadian Immigration and Population Study (CIPS) 1974a The Immigration Program. Vol. 2. Ottawa: Department of Manpower and Immigration.
- Canadian Immigration and Population Study (CIPS). 1974b Immigration and Population Statistics. Vol. 3. Ottawa: Department of Manpower and Immigration.
- Census of Canada 1981 Volume 1. Ottawa: Statistics Canada. Cat. No. 92–913. Ottawa: Statistics Canada.
- 1982 Law and the Chinese in Canada. Toronto: University of Toronto, Centre in Criminology. , and
- 1957 Canada's Immigration Policy: A Critique. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- 1977 The Japanese Experience in North America: An Essay in Comparative Racism. Canadian Ethnic Studies, 7(2):41–100.
- Department of Manpower and Immigration 1966 Canadian Immigration Policy (The White Paper). Ottawa: Queen's Printer.
- Employment and Immigration, Canada 1983 Background Paper on Future Immigration Levels. MP-22–7. Ottawa: Minister of Supply and Services.
- Employment and Immigration, Canada. 1984 Background Paper on Future Immigration Levels. WH-5–066B. Ottawa: Minister of Supply and Services.
- Employment and Immigration, Canada. 1985 Annual Report to Parliament on Future Immigration Levels. MP22–2/1985. Ottawa: Minister of Supply and Services.
- 1972 Canada and Immigration: Public Policy and Public Concern. Montreal and London: McGill-Queen's University Press.
- 1980 Changes in Canadian Immigration Patterns.” In K. V. Ujimoto and G. Hirabashi (eds.), Visible Minorities and Multiculturalism: Asians in Canada. Toronto: Butterworths.
- 1981 International Migration: Canada and the United States.” In M. M. Kritz et al. (eds.), Global Trends in Migration: Theory and Research on International Population Movements. New York: Center for Migration Studies. , and
- 1979 Canada.” In D. Kubat (ed.), The Politics of Migration Policies: The First World in the 1970s. New York: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1974 A Statistical Profile of Canadian Society. Toronto: McGraw-Hill Ryerson. , and
- 1981 Canada's Response to Refugees. International Migration Review, 15:113–130.
- 1985 Report to Parliament on the Review of Future Directions for Immigration Levels. WH-5–067/6/85. Ottawa: Department of Employment and Immigration.
- 1927 Oriental Occupational of British Columbia. Vancouver: Sun Publishing Company.
- 1981 Indochinese Refugees in Canada: Sponsorship and Adjustment. International Migration Review, 15:131–140. , and
- 1976 Strangers unto Our World: Asian Immigration and the Evolution of Canadian Immigration Policies.” Master's thesis, Duke University.
- Palmer, H., ed. 1975 Immigration and the Rise of Multiculturalism, Toronto: Copp Clark.
- 1984 The Economic Determinants of Canada's Multicultural Immigration. International Migration, 22(2):90–100.
- Policy and Program Development 1984 Immigration Levels, 1985–1987: Analytical Considerations.” Ottawa: Department of Employment and Immigration.
- Royal Commission on Bilingualism and Biculturalism 1969 The Cultural Contribution of the Other Ethnic Groups. Report, Book 6. Ottawa: Queen's Printer.
- 1922 Immigrants Canada Wants. Maclean's Magazine, 1 April. Reprinted in H. Palmer (ed.), Immigration and the Rise of Multiculturalism. Toronto: Copp Clark, 1975.
- 1980 Employment of Indochinese Refugees.” In I. Chu et al. (eds.), Living and Growing in Canada: A Chinese Perspective. Toronto: Council of Chinese Canadians.
- 1975 Redefining the Japanese-Canadian.” In H. Palmer (ed.), Immigration and the Rise of Multiculturalism. Toronto: Copp Clark.
- 1979 Postwar Japanese Immigrants in British Columbia: Japanese Culture and Job Transferability.” In J. L. Elliott (ed.), Two Nations, Many Cultures. Scarborough, Ontario: Prentice-Hall.
- 1909 Strangers Within Our Gates or Coming Canadians. Toronto: Missionary Society of the Methodist Church.