Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1988 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: From Steerage to Suburb: Long Island Italians
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 260–268, January 1988
How to Cite
(1988), BIBLIOGRAPHY. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 6: 260–268. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1988.tb00552.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- American Italian Historical Association (AIHA) 1972 Newsletter. Summer.
- 1985 Pratt Estate of Years Gone By Was a City Within a City”, Long Island Heritage, April, p. 9.
- 1981 The Sand Pits of Port Washington”, Long Island Heritage, October.
- 1983 The Long Island Chariot of Fire”, Long Island Forum, 41(1):8–13. January.
- 1979 The Ku Klux Klan on Long Island”, Long Island Forum, 42(5):100–106. May.
- Copiague Public School District Newsletter 1973 2(3):September; Il Lavoro, July 14, 1917.
- 1986 Funerals, Family and Forefathers: Italian-American Funeral Practices”. In The Italian Americans Through the Generations. Edited by R. Caporale. Staten Island, NY: American Italian Historical Association. Pp. 237–252.
- 1976 The Italian American Family”. In Ethnic Families in America. Edited by C. H. Mindel and R. W. Habenstein. New York: Elsevier. Pp. 61–68. and
- 1978 The Settlement House and the Italian Family”. In The Italian Immigrant Women in North America. Edited by B. B. Caroli, R. F. Harney and L. F. Tomasi. Staten Island, NY: American Italian Historical Association. Pp. 103–123.
- 1985 Long Island's Italians and the Labor Movement”, Long Island Forum. 43(1):4–11 and 43(2):31–38. January and February.
- 1982 American Education and Italian Immigrant Response”. In American Education and the European Immigrant: 1840–1940. Edited by R. J. Weiss. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press, Pp. 61–77.
- 1979 Sabelli, Italian American Aviation Pioneer”, La Parola Del Popolo. Pp. 49–64. May-June.
- 1977 American Political Process and the Italian Participation in New York State”. In Perspectives in Italian Immigration and Ethnicity. Edited by S. Tomasi. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies. Pp. 85–100.
- 1970 The New Deal, The Immigrants and Congressman Vito Marcantonio”, International Migration Review. Pp. 57–74. Spring.
- Long Island University Magazine 1970 Sylvester Cangaro, Head Gardener”, p. 36.
- 1983 Sardinian Born and Bread”, Natural History. 92(1):54–62. January. ,
- 1974 A Flexible Tradition: South Italian Immigrants Confront a New Work Experience”, Journal of Social History. 7(4):429–445. Summer.
- 1984 The Crusader Who Lost His Way”, The American Lawyer. April.
- The National Law Journal 1984 The American Lawyer, April.
- Newsday 1981 Old Marconiville Still Lives”, May 13.
- 1984 The Grucci's Trial by Tragedy”, Newsday Magazine. Pp. 8–24. July 1.
- 1975 Immigrants in the New South: Italians in Louisiana's Sugar Parishes, 1880–1910”, Labor History. 16(2):165–183. Spring.
- 1972 European Americans. From Immigrants to Ethnics”, International Migration Review. 6(4):403–434.
- 1969 Prelates and Peasants: Italian Immigrants and the Catholic Church”, Journal of Social History. 2:217–268.Spring.
- 1983 Sand Mining in Port Washington: Its Impact on the Community”, Long Island Forum. Pp. 32–38. February.
- 1947 Opera's Funny Man”, Saturday Evening Post. 220:30–31.November 29.
- 1985 Italian Americans: Into the Twilight of Ethnicity. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- 1931 Only Yesterday. New York: Harper and Brothers.
- 1949 A History of Two Great Counties, Nassau and Suffolk, Vol. III. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company.
- 1958 The Moral Basis of a Backwards Society. New York: Free Press.
- 1967 The End of Ideology. New York: Collier.
- 1918 A History of the Rockaways. Far Rockaway, New York.
- 1983 Long Island: People and Places, Past and Present. New York: Abrams.
- 1980 The Assimilation of Ethnic Groups: The Italian Case. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1967 Spearheads for Reform. New York: Oxford.
- 1984 The Varieties of Ethnic Experiences. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
- 1980 A Backward Glance. Amityville, NY: Amityville Historical Society. , and
- 1963 Class in Suburbia. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- 1971 Copiague, Your Town and Mine. Copiague Board of Education.
- 1984 From Sicily to Elizabeth Street. Albany, NY: New York State University Press.
- 1975 Ethnic Alienation. Rutherford, NJ: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press.
- 1977 Vendetta. Garden City, NJ: Doubleday.
- 1979 The Italians in America. New York: Manor Books.
- 1964 Assimilation in American Life. New York: Oxford University Press.
- The Full Gospel Christian Church 1982.
- 1951 The Uprooted. New York: Grosset and Dunlap.
- 1961 The Atlantic Migration. New York: Harper and Brothers.
- 1971 Strangers in the Land, Patterns of American Nativism, 1860–1925. New York: Atheneum.
- 1971 The Italian Americans. New York: Twayne Publishers. and
- 1961 American Immigration. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- 1977 The Dream Deferred: People, Politics and Planning in Suburbia. New York: Seabury Press.
- 1979 The Immigrants Speak, Italian-Americans Tell Their Story. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies.
- Rosoli, G., Ed. 1973 WOP, A Documentary History of Anti-Italian Discrimination in the United States. San Francisco: Straight Arrow Press.
- 1970 Italian Americans. New York: Random House.
- Long Island, The Sunrise Homeland 1924 The Long Island Railroad, n.a.
- 1965 The Story of the Italians in America. Garden City, NY: Doubleday.
- 1977 The Black Hand, A Chapter in Ethnic Crime. Totowa, NJ: Littlefield, Adams and Company.
- 1980 One Nation Divisible. New York: Penguin Books.
- 1980 Italian-American, Troubled Roots. New York: The Free Press.
- 1987 Italo Balbo: A Fascist Life. Los Angeles: University of California Press.
- 1977 To Seek America, A History of Ethnic Life in the United States. Englewood, NJ: Jerome S. Ozer.
- 1966 The Long Island Railroad, A Comprehensive History, the Age of Expansion, 1833–1880. Garden City, New York.
- 1974 Nassau Suburbia U.S.A. The First Seventy Years 1899 to 1974. Syosset, NY: Friends of the Nassau County Museum.
- 1981 The Ethnic Myth: Race, Ethnicity and Class in America. New York: Atheneum.
- 1981 Angela Pruess, Party Plan Sales. Richmond, VA: Skipworth Press.
- 1962 History of Long Island, 3rd Edition, Vol. II. Port Washington, NY: Ira J. Friedman.
- 1975 Poverty and Progress: Social Mobility in a Nineteenth Century City. New York: Antheneum.
- 1975 Piety and Power, The Role of Italian Parishes in the New York Metropolitan Area. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1984 The Italians of Greenwich Village. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1965 The Evolution of Modern Italy. New York: W.W. Norton and Company.
- 1943 Street Corner Society. New York: The Free Press.
- 1938 Southern Italian Folkways in Europe and America New Haven: Yale University Press.
- 1939 A History of Port Washington. Port Washington: American Legion.
- 1958 LaGuardia in Congress. New York: W.W. Norton and Company, Inc.