This study was done under the auspices of a grant from the Hemispheric Migration Project coordinated by the Intergovernmental Committee for Migration (ICM) and the Center for Immigration Policy and Refugee Assistance (CIPRA) of Georgetown University. Additional funding came from the Inter-American Foundation (IAF). I wish to record gratitude to ICM, CIPRA, and IAF.
ILLEGAL ALIENS IN BELIZE: FINDINGS FROM THE 1984 AMNESTY1
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1988 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: When Borders Don't Divide: Labor Migration and Refugee Movements in the Americas
Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 156–177, March 1988
How to Cite
Palacio, J. O. (1988), ILLEGAL ALIENS IN BELIZE: FINDINGS FROM THE 1984 AMNESTY. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 6: 156–177. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1988.tb00561.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- Belize. Government Information Service (GIS) and Pan American Health Organization (PAHO). 1985 Priority Health Needs/Belize..
- Ford Foundation 1983 Refugees and Immigrants—Problems and Program Responses—A Working Paper. New York.
- 1985 Central Americans on the Run: Political Refugees or Economic Migrants? Public Affairs Comments, 1(3): 1–7. Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin. and
- 1986 The El Salvadoran Refugee Move to Belize: A Geographic Study of Refugee Migration”. Masters thesis presented at Texas A & M University.
- 1985 A Survey of Central American Immigrants in Four Urban Communities in Belize”. Manuscript submitted to the Hemispheric Migration Project, Center for Immigration Policy and Refugee Assistance, Georgetown University.
- 1985 Report on the Condition of Central American Refugees and Migrants. Occasional Paper Series, Hemispheric Migration Project. Washington, D.C.: Center for Immigration Policy and Refugee Assistance (CIPRA), Georgetown University and the Intergovernmental Committee for Migration (ICM).
- 1983 Report on the Socio-Economic Survey of the Dispersed Salvadoran Refugees Living in Belize. Unpublished report submitted to the UNHCR, San José, Costa Rica.