Chapter 18: THE DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF NEW YORK CITY'S ITALIAN-AMERICAN NEIGHBORHOODS
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1988 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: The Melting Pot and Beyond Italian Americans in the Year 2000
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 223–238, July 1988
How to Cite
Freeman, R. C. (1988), Chapter 18: THE DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF NEW YORK CITY'S ITALIAN-AMERICAN NEIGHBORHOODS. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 6: 223–238. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1988.tb00582.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- The Moral Basis of a Backward Society. New York: The Free Press, 1958.
- The Tenement House Problem. Vol. 1. New York: The Macmillan Co., 1903. , and eds.
- Italian Americans in New York City: A Demographic Overview”. Meetings of American Italian Historical Association. Washington, D.C., Nov. 1984. , and
- Population Succession in Chicago: 1898–1930. American Journal of Sociology 44.1 (1938): 59–69.
- The Italian Emigration of Our Times. New York: Russell and Russell, 1919.
- The Role of Political Factors in the Decline and Renewal of ‘Little Italy’: Some Examples from New York”. Meetings of American Italian Historical Association. Washington D.C., Nov. 1984.
- From Sicily to Elizabeth Street: Housing and Social Change Among Italian Immigrants, 1880–1930. Albany: State University of New York Press, 1984.
- Familism in the South of Italy and in the United States”, Perspectives in Italian Immigration and Ethnicity. Ed. S. M. Tomasi. New York: Center for Migration Studies, 1977.
- The Italian Americans, Rev. ed. Boston: Twayne Publishers, 1980. , and eds.
- A Place Called Home. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1976.
- The Golden Door. New York: Oxford University Press, 1977. and Betty B. Caroli. Today's Immigrants. New York: Oxford University Press, 1982.
- Chain Migration, Ethnic Neighborhood Formation, and Social Networks. An Urban World. Ed. Charles Tilly. Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1974. , and
- New York City's Italians. New York: Italian-American Center for Urban Affairs, Inc., 1976. , and eds.
- The Hill Upon the City: An Italo-American Neighborhood in St. Louis, Missouri, 1880–1955. Diss. No. Carolina, 1971. Ann Arbor: UMI, 1977.
- Italians in Chicago, 1880–1930. New York: Oxford University Press, 1970.
- “Italians in Urban America. The Italian Experience inn the United States. Eds. S. M. Tomasi and Madeline H. Engel. New York: Center for Migration Studies, Inc., 1977.
- From Immigrants to Ethnics. New York: Oxford University Press, 1983.
- Urban Geography. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1975.
- Harlem: The Making of a Ghetto. 2nd ed. New York: Harper & Row, 1971.
- Industrial Causes of Congestion of Population in New York City. New York: Columbia University, 1911.
- Canarsie: The Jews and Italians of Brooklyn Against Liberalism. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1985.
- Norman Street: Poverty and Politics in an Urban Neighborhood. New York: Oxford University Press, 1982.
- Alternative perspectives on Neighborhood Decline. Journal of the American Planning Association 48 Winter 1982: 81–98. , and
- Cultural Ties as Determinants of Immigrant Settlement in Urban Areas. New York: Arno Press, 1980.
- The Italians of Greenwich Village: The Social Structure and Transformation of an Ethnic Community. New York: The Center for Migration Studies of New York, Inc., 1984.
- Italian Immigrants in the United States in the Sixties. The Italian Experience in the United States. Eds. S. M. Tomasi and Madeline H. Engel. New York: Center for Migration Studies, Inc., 1977.
- South Italian Folkways in Europe and America. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1938.
- Family and Community: Italian Immigrants in Buffalo, 1880–1930. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1977.