ITALIAN IMMIGRANTS TO THE UNITED STATES: THE LAST TWENTY YEARS
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1989 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Italian Americans in the '80s: A Sociodemographic Profile
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 1–21, March 1989
How to Cite
Battistella, G. (1989), ITALIAN IMMIGRANTS TO THE UNITED STATES: THE LAST TWENTY YEARS. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 7: 1–21. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1989.tb00590.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1985 Italian Americans. Into the Twilight of Ethnicity. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, p. 47.
- 1983 Becoming American. An Ethnic History. New York: The Free Press. p. 157.
- 1958 The Moral Basis of a Backward Society. New York: The Free Press.
- 1973 Italian Repatriation from the United States, 1900-1914. Staten Island, NY The Center for Migration Studies, Pp. 25–50.
- 1962 The Urban Villagers: Group and Class in the Life of Italian Americans. New York: The Free Press, Pp. 74–75.
- 1951 The Uprooted: The Epic Story of the Great Migrations that Made the American People. New York: Grossett, Pp. 227–258.
- Rosoli, G., Ed. 1979 Un secolo di emigrazione italiana, 1876-1976. Roma: CSER, p. 371.
- 1975 Whom Have We Welcomed?. Staten Island, NY The Center for Migration Studies, Pp. 57–72. and
- United States Bureau of the Census 1985 Census of Population, 1980: Foreign-born Population in the United States, Microfiche (microform), Washington, D.C. It should be remembered that data are taken from a sample of the population and, therefore, are subject to sampling errors. The choice of data distributed by the U.S. Census in microfiche format instead of the special tabulations prepared by the Census on population of Italian ancestry is dictated by the possibility of comparing Italians with other groups.
- United States Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service 1987 1986 Statistical Yearbook of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, October. Pp. XXI.
- Rosoli, G., Ed. 1987 Italian Immigrants in Rural and Small Town America. AIHA, p. 1.
- 1985 The Elusive Exodus: Emigration from the United States. Population Trends and Public Policy, Occasional Paper No. 8, March. Washington, D.C.: Population Reference Bureau. p. 13. and
- 1977 Family and Community: Italian Immigrants in Buffalo, 1880-1930. Ithaca, NY Cornell University Press, Pp. 117–118.