Demographic and Cultural Aspects of Italian Americans
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1989 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Italian Americans in the '80s: A Sociodemographic Profile
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 22–35, March 1989
How to Cite
Velikonja, J. (1989), Demographic and Cultural Aspects of Italian Americans. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 7: 22–35. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1989.tb00591.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1988 We The People, An Atlas of America's Ethnic Diversity. New York: MacMillan Publishing Company, reference on p. 224. ,
- 1986 “Stable Features and Changing Aspects of Italian Migration Abroad in Recent Times”, Genus. Vol. 42, No. 3-4. Luglio-Dicembre:141–163.
- “Comments on Papers…”, Pp. 57–60. n.d.
- 1987 “Problems of Measurement in the Study of Linguistic Minorities”, Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development No. 8. 1-2:23–31.
- 1984 “How Effective Was the Melting Pot? An Analysis of Current Ethnic Differences in the United States”, Population Center Research Report, No. 84-68, December. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan, Population Studies Center, reference on p. 23. and
- 1978 The Last Half-Century: Societal Change and Politics in America. Chicago, IL: Chicago University Press, p. 308.
- 1985 “The Use of Nativity Data to Estimate Ethnic Characteristics and Patterns”, Social Science Research. 14:31–56. and
- 1985 “A Sociodemographic Profile of Italian Americans”. In Italian Americans. New Perspectives in Italian Emigration and Ethnicity. Edited by L. F. Tomasi. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies, Pp. 3–31, Reference on p. 28. , and
- n.d. “A Sociodemographic Profile of Italian Americans”, Pp. 3–31; Seggar, J., “Italian Migration to the U.S., 1966-1978: The Transition Period and a Decade Beyond Public Law 89-236”, Pp. 32–56.
- n.d. personal communication.
- 1985 “Nativity, Intermarriage, and Mother Tongue Shift”, American Sociological Review. Vol. 50, February:74–83. Quote on p. 74.
- Rosoli, G., Ed. 1985 Italian Americans. New Perspectives in Italian Immigration and Ethnicity. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies.
- United States Bureau of the Census 1987 Data User News. May, Vol. 22, No. 5, p. 1–3.
- United States Bureau of the Census 1983 Ancestry of the Population by States: 1980. 1980 Census of Population. PC80-S1-10. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.
- United States Bureau of the Census 1983 1980 Census of Population and Housing. Census Tracts. PHC80-2 Series. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.
- United States Bureau of the Census 1982 Ancestry and Language in the United States: November 1979. Current Population Reports, Series P-23, No. 116. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.