THE CONTEXT OF CARIBBEAN MIGRATION
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1989 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Caribbean Life in New York City: Sociocultural Dimensions
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 1–14, January 1989
How to Cite
CHANEY, E. M. (1989), THE CONTEXT OF CARIBBEAN MIGRATION. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 7: 1–14. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1989.tb00974.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1983 “Emigration from the English-speaking Caribbean.” In U.S. Immigration and Refugee Policy: Global and Domestic Issues. M. M. Kritz, ed. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books. Pp. 133–53.
- 1982 “Caribbean Migration: Causes and Consequences,” Migration Today 10(5): 6–13.
- 1982 Population Movements in the English-speaking Caribbean: An Overview. New York: United Nations Institute for Training and Research. Mimeographed.
- 1985 Migration from the Caribbean Region: Determinants and Effects of Current Movements. Washington, DC: Georgetown University, Center for Immigration Policy and Refugee Assistance.
- 1983 “Colombian Outpost in New York City.” In Awakening Minorities: Continuity and Change. J. R. Howard, ed. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Books. Second edition, Pp. 67–76.
- 1976 “Colombian Migration to the United States.” In The Dynamics of Migration, Part 2. ICP Work Agreements. Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution, Interdisciplinary Communication Program. Pp. 87–141.
- 1979 Urbanization and Growth in the Caribbean. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- 1962 West Indian Migrants: Social and Economic Facts of Migration from the West Indies. London: Oxford University Press for the Institute of Race Relations.
- 1975 From Neighbor to Stranger. The Dilemma of Caribbean Peoples in the United States. New Haven: Yale University, Antilles Research Program. Occasional Papers No. 5.
- 1985 “The Consequences of Dominican Urban Outmigration for National Development: the Case of Santiago.” In The Americas in the New International Division of Labor. S. Sanderson, ed. New York: Holmes and Meier. Pp. 145–76.
- 1981 “Introduction to Population and Migration Section.” In Contemporary Caribbean: A Sociological Reader. S. Craig, ed. Port-of-Spain, Trinidad: The College Press, Maracas, Pp. 39–48.
- 1981 “International Migration Patterns in the Caribbean Basin: an Overview.” In Global Trends in Migration: Theory and Research on International Population Movements. M. M. Kritz, C. B. Keely and S. M. Tomasi, eds. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies. Pp. 208–83.
- 1984 “The Impact of Migration in the Eastern Caribbean.” Paper presented at the Regional Awareness Conference, CARICOM Population and Development Projects, St. Lucia.
- 1983 “Toward an Understanding of Caribbean Migration.” In U.S. Immigration and Refugee Policy: Global and Domestic Issues. M. M. Kritz, ed. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books. Pp. 113–31.
- 1982 “The History of Caribbean Migrations: the Case of the West Indies,” Caribbean Review 111:6–9; 52–53. Winter.
- 1974 Caribbean Transformations. Chicago: Aldine.
- 1985 “Introduction: The Policy Challenge.” In Migration and Development in the Caribbean: The Unexplored Connection. R. A. Pastor, ed. Boulder, CO: Westview Press. Pp. 1–39.
- 1974 Recent Population Movements in the Caribbean, Jamaica, Kingston. The Herald, Ltd., for Committee for International Coordination of National Research in Demography (CICRED).
- 1987 “The Caribbean Exodus in a Context: Comparative Migration Experience.” In B. B. Levine, ed. The Caribbean Exodus. New York: Praeger.
- 1975 Population Policies in the Caribbean. Lexington, MA: D.C. Heath and Company.
- “Caribbean Diaspora—the Inheritance of Slavery: Migration from the Commonwealth coming Caribbean.” In Legacies of Slavery. C. Brock, ed. London: Frank Cass. -
- 1983 “Off the Island: Population Mobility Among the Caribbean Middle Class.” In White Collar Migrants in the Americas, the Caribbean. A. F. Marks and H.M.C. Vessuri, eds. Leiden, Netherlands: Royal Institute of Linguistics and Anthropology, Department of Latin American Studies. Pp. 39–59.
- 1978 “The Establishment of a Migration Tradition: British West Indian Movements to the Hispanic Caribbean in the Century After Emancipation.” In Caribbean Social Relations. C. G. Clarke, ed. Liverpool: University of Liverpool, Center for Latin American Studies. Monograph Series No. 8. Pp. 66–81.
- United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs 1982 International Migration Policies and Programs: A World Survey. New York: United Nations. Population Studies No. 80. ST/ESA/SER.A/80.
- United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs 1979 Trends and Characteristics of International Migration Since 1950. New York: United Nations. Demographic Studies No. 64 ST/ESA/SER.A/64.
- United States 1984 Statistical Abstract of the United States, 1982–83.