DOMINICAN FAMILY NETWORKS AND UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION POLICY: A Case Study
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1989 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Caribbean Life in New York City: Sociocultural Dimensions
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 220–238, January 1989
How to Cite
GARRISON, V. and WEISS, C. I. (1989), DOMINICAN FAMILY NETWORKS AND UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION POLICY: A Case Study. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 7: 220–238. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1989.tb00989.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- American Immigration and Citizenship Conference 1976 “Fact Sheet—Major Immigration Provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended by P.L. 94–571.” New York: AICC. Nov. 18.
- 1977 The Rights of Aliens: The Basic American Civil Liberties Union Guide to Alien's Rights. New York: Avon.
- CONAPOFA—Cosejo Nacional de Poblacion y Familia 1976 Encuestsa Nacional de Fecundidad: Informe General. Santo Domingo: CONAPOFA. Oct.
- 1976 “A Case of a Dominican Migrant” In Alienation in Contemporary Society: A Multidisciplinary Examination. R. S. Bryce-Laporte and C. S. Thomas, eds. New York: Praeger. Pp. 216–260. and
- 1975 “Migratory Patterns to a Small Dominican City and to New York.” In Migration and Urbanization: Models and Adaptive Strategies. B. M. du Toit and H. I. Safa, eds. The Hague: Mouton Publishers. Pp. 209–223.
- 1970 “Peasants' Progress: Dominicans in New York,” Caribbean Studies, 10(3): 154–171. Oct.
- 1974 “Adaptive Strategies in Urban Migration.” In Annual Review of Anthropology. B. Siegal, ed. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press. Pp. 117–152. and
- 1974 The Dominican Diaspora. From the Dominican Republic to New York City—Villagers in Transition. New York: Columbia University Teachers College Press.
- 1969 “Servicio Domestico: ¿Una Esclavitud?” Estudios Sociales, 2(4): 197–207. Oct-Dec.
- 1985 Migration and Development in the Caribbean: The Unexplored Connection. Boulder, Colorado: Westview Press.
- 1973 “Dominican Republic,” Country Profiles 1–7. Washington, D.C.
- Population Reference Bureau—PRB 1985 “World Population Data Sheet.” Washington, D.C: Population Reference Bureau.
- 1974 “Situación y Tendencias Demográficas Actuates en la República Dominicana,” Estudios Sociailes, 7(1,2)5–52 Enero-Junio.
- 1966 Area Handbook for the Dominican Republic. Washington, D.C: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- 1968 American Kinship: A Cultural Account. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall.
- 1973 “La Quisqueyana: The Dominican Woman, 1940–1970.” In Female and Male in Latin America: Essays. A. Pescatello, ed. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh. Pp. 209–229.
- 1972 Politics and the Power Structure: A Rural Community in the Dominican Republic. New York: Columbia University Teachers College Press.
- 1975 Statement of Melanie J. Wirkin, Political Director, Zero Population Growth before the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, and International Law, Committee on Judiciary, House of Representatives, 94th Congress 1st and 2nd Session October 9. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, Serial No. 34, Pp. 213–225.
- 1965 Class, Kinship, and Power in an Ecuadorian Town: The Negroes of San Lorenzo. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press. .