A COMMENT ON DOMINICAN ETHNIC ASSOCIATIONS
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1989 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Caribbean Life in New York City: Sociocultural Dimensions
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 278–282, January 1989
How to Cite
GEORGES, E. (1989), A COMMENT ON DOMINICAN ETHNIC ASSOCIATIONS. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 7: 278–282. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1989.tb00992.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1979 Mexican and Caribbean Migration to the U.S. La Jolla: Program in U.S.-Mexican Studies, University of California, San Diego. Monograph No. 1.
- 1972 “Peruvian Migrant Identity in the Urban Milieu.” In The Anthropology of Urban Environments. Edited by T. Weaver and D. White. Washington, D.C.: Society for Applied Anthropology, Monograph No. 11. Pp. 39–50.
- 1978 Patrones de participatión politica de los puertorriqueños en la ciudad de Nueva York. San Jose, Puerto Rico: Editorial de la Universidad de Puerto Rico.
- 1984a New Immigrants and the Political Process: Dominicans in New York. New York: Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, New York University Research Program in Inter-American Affairs. Occasional Paper 45.
- 1984b “Dominican Diaspora: Putting Down Roots?” Hispanic Monitor, 1(2):6. May.
- 1983 “El impacto de la emigración intemacional sobre una comunida de la Sierra Occidental Dominicana.” Paper presented at the Seminar on Dominican Migration to the United States, Museo del Hombre Dominicano, Santo Domingo.
- 1983 “Las consecuencias de la emigración urbana para el desarrollo nacional: el caso de Santiago.” Paper presented at the Seminar on Dominican Migration to the United States, Museo del Hombre Dominicano, Santo Domingo.
- 1982 “Immigration History: Cubans Dominicans and Puerto Ricans.” In Hispanics in New York: Religious Cultural and Social Experiences, V. II. New York: Office of Pastoral Research, Archdiocese of New York.
- 1982 “Dominican and Colombian Women in New York City: Household Structure and Employment Patterns,” Migration Today, 10(3/4): 14–21. and
- 1972 The Dominican Republic: Rebellion and Repression. New York: Monthly Review Press.
- 1974 “A Reappraisal of the Role of the Regional Associations in Lima, Perú.” Comparative Studies in Society and History, 16(4): 471–82. Sept.
- 1983 “Kinship Networks and the Settlement Process: Dominican and Colombian Immigrants in New York City.” Unpublished manuscript. and
- 1967 “Voluntary Associations in Urban life: A Case Study of Differential Adaptation.” In Social Organization: Essays Presented to Raymond Firth. Edited by M. Freedman. London: Cass. Pp. 153–165.
- 1965 “The Role of Regional Associations in the Adaptation of Rural Migrants to Cities in Peru.” In Contemporary Cultures and Societies of Latin America. Edited by R. Adams and D. Heath. New York: Random House. Pp. 311–323.
- 1983 “Filipino Hometown Associations in Hawaii.” Ethnology, 22(4): 241–353. Oct.
- 1981 “The Legal and Illegal Dominican in New York City.” Paper presented at the Conference on Hispanic Migration to New York City: Global Trends and Neighborhood Change, The New York University Research Program in Inter-American Affairs.
- 1982 Kinship Relations of Production in the Migration Process: The Case of Dominican Emigration to the United States. New York: Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, New York University Research Program in Inter-American Affairs. Occasional Paper 32.
- 1979 “International Migration from the Dominican Republic: National Survey.” International Migration Review, 13(2): 235–254. , and
- 1982 Life Strategies and the Labor Market: Colombians in New York City in the 1970s. New York: Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, New York University Research Program in Inter-American Affairs. Occasional Paper 34.