Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1992 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: From Italian Villages to Greenwich Village: Our Lady of Pompei 1892–1992
Volume 9, Issue 4, pages 177–181, July 1992
How to Cite
(1992), Bibliography. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 9: 177–181. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1992.tb01054.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1987 Mothers and Medicine: A Social History of Infant Feeding, 1890–1950. Madison: The University of Wisconsin Press.
- 1892 Relazione Delia Societd Italiana di San Raffaele in New York. Piacenza: Marchesotti e L, Porta. This was reprinted in Studi Emigrazione V (1968), 303–323.
- 1983 First Annual Report of Saint Raphael's Italian Benevolent Society. N.p.
- 1963 The Catholic Church and German Americans. Milwaukee: Bruce Publishing Company. , O.S.B.
- 1987 “Church and Theatre,” U.S. Catholic Historian, 6(2–3): 151–179. Spring/Summer. , and
- 1976 Vwas for Victory: Politics and American Culture during World War II. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- 1880 The Dangerous Classes of New York and Twenty Years' Work among Them. New York: Wynkoop and Hallenbeck. Reprinted, Montclair, New Jersey: Patterson Smith, 1978.
- 1956 From The Depths: The Discovery of Poverty in the United States. New York: New York University Press.
- 1983 “One Hundred Days: The Visit of Bishop Scalabrini to the United States and its Effects on the Image of Italian Immigrants as Reflected in the American Press of 1901.” Master's thesis, Fordham University.
- 1980 Mission for Life: The Story of the Family of Adoniram Judson, the Dramatic Events of the First American Foreign Mission, and the Course of Evangelical Religion in the Nineteenth Century. New York: Free Press.
- 1977 John Baptist Scalabrini: Apostle to Emigrants. Translated by . New York: CMS. , and
- 1990 Italian Ethnics: Their Languages, Literature and Lives. New York: American Italian Historical Association. , et al.
- 1973 Italian Repatriation from the United States, 1900–1914. New York: CMS.
- 1931 Catholic Action: Encyclical Letter of His Holiness, Pope Pius XI. Washington, D.C.: National Catholic Welfare Conference, 22.
- 1937 John Baptist Scalabrini: Bishop of Piacenza, Apostle of Italian Immigrants. N.p. Cohen, Miriam.
- 1977 “Italian-American Women in New York City, 1900–1950: Work and School.” In Milton Cantor and Bruce Laurie, eds. Class, Sex, and the Woman Worker. West-port, Connecticut: Greenwood Press.
- 1989 Una Iglesia Pionera. New York: Privately published.
- 1967 Our Lady of Pompei in Greenwich Village. New York: OLP.
- 1985 “Funerals, Family, and Forefathers: A View of Italian-American Funeral Practices,” Omega XVI: 1.
- 1983 “Michael Augustine Corrigan and the Italian Immigrants: The Relationship between the Church and the Italians in the Archdiocese of New York, 1995–1902.” Ph.D. Dissertation, Gregorian Pontifical University [Rome].
- 1988 Ethnic Americans: A History of Immigration. Third edition. New York: Harper and Row. , and
- 1975 The Immigrant Church: New York's Irish and German Catholics, 1815–1860. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 1924 The Italian Emigration of Our Times. Harvard Economic Studies, Volume 20. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press.
- 1962 The Cardinal Spelltnan Story. Garden City, New York: Doubleday. , SJ.
- 1988 From Trout Stream to Bohemia: A Walking Guide to Greenwich Village History. New York: Old Warren Road Press.
- 1987 American Immigrant Leaders, 1800–1910: Marginality and Identity. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 1923 “The Unification of Catholic Charities,” Catholic World, 117:145–153. May.
- 1984 Send These to Me. Second edition. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 1969 Strangers in the Land: Patterns of American Nativism, 1860–1925. New York: Atheneum. .
- 1906 Gli Italiani negli Stati UnitL New York: Italian Chamber of Commerce.
- 1982 Faith and Fraternalism: The History of the Knights of Columbus, 1881–1981 New York: Harper and Row.
- 1975 American Catholicism and European Immigrants, 1900–1924. New York: CMS.
- 1921 The Italian Contribution to American Democracy. Boston: Christopher Publishing House. .
- 1949 “Italians in New York in the Eighteen-Fifties.” New York History, 30:181–203, 276–303.
- 1977 “Bethlehem Chapel: Presbyterians and Italian Americans in New York City,” Journal of Presbyterian History, 55:145–160.
- 1965 “More Changes at Mass,” America, (27 February), 281. , S.J.
- 1903 “Evangelizing the Italians.” The Messenger, 39:32.
- 1923 La Messa D'Argento: Discorso Recitato Dal Rev.mo Francesco Canonico CasteUano. New York: II Carroccio Publishing Company. , S.J.
- 1906 “A Model Italian Colony in Arkansas.” Review of Reviews, 34:361–362. September. , S.J.
- 1963 “Modernizing the Mass,” Time December 13. More, Louise Boland. , S.J.
- 1907 Wage Earner's Budgets: A Study of the Standard and Cost of Living in New York. Greenwich House Series of Social Studies #1. New York: Henry Holt and Company. , S.J.
- 1985 “The Economic Activities of Italian Americans.” In Winston Van Home and Thomas V. Tonnesen, eds. Ethnicity and the Work Force. Ethnicity and Public Policy Series. Madison: University of Wisconsin. Pp. 193–207.
- New York Federal Writers' Project 1969 The Italians of New York. New York: Random House, 1938. Reprinted, New York: Arno.
- 1919 Italian Women in Industry. New York: Russell Sage.
- 1989 “What Did Women Really Think When They Prayed to St. Jude?” U.S. Catholic Historian, 8(1–2):67–79. Winter/Spring.
- 1959 “A Priest Campaigns against Delinquency,” Jubilee (November), n.p.
- 1974 The Great School Wars: New York City, 1805–1973: A History of the Public Schools as Battlefield of Social Change. New York: Basic Books.
- P.S.S.C. 1948 Figure di Missionari Scalabriniani. New York: D'Alatri's Press. ,
- 1972 Population History of New York City. Syracuse: Syracuse University Press. .
- 1923 “Saint Benedict's Church,” Our Colored Missions, 9(10): 147–149. October. .
- 1984 “Una parrocchia italiana di New York e i suoi fedeli: Nostra Signora di Pompei (1892–1933).” Studi Emigrazione, 21:43–64. March. .
- 1947 “Father Bandini: Missionary in the Ozarks,” Ave Maria, 65:782–786. December 20.
- 1935 Neighborhood: My Story of Greenwich House. New York: Norton.
- 1911 Souvenir Journal, Grand Bazaar, Church of Our Lady of PompeL New York: L'ltaliano in America.
- 1962 The Triangle Fire. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott.
- 1977 “The St. Raphael Society for the Protection of Italian Immigrants, 1887–1923.” Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Notre Dame. .
- M.S.C. 1987 “Mother Cabrini: Missionary to Italian Immigrants.” U.S. Catholic Historian, 6(4):265–279. Fall. ,
- 1962 The Church Magna Chartafor Migrants. New York: St. Charles Seminary. , C.S.
- 1975 Piety and Power: The Role of the Italian Parishes in the New York Metropolitan Area, 1880–1930. New York: CMS. , C.S.
- United States Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census 1975 Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970, Volume 1. Washington: Government Printing Office. Pp. 105–106.
- 1969 “Peasants and Prelates: Italian Immigrants and the Catholic Church,” Journal of Social History, 2:217–267.
- 1965 Greenwich Village, 1920–1930: A Comment on American Civilization in the Postwar Years. New York: Houghton Mifflin, 1935. Reprinted, New York: Harper.
- [1985 Shrine Church of Our Lady of Pompei Rededication. New York: OLP. , C.S.]