17: The Italian Immigrant Presence in Canada, 1840–1990
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1994 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: The Columbus People: Perspectives in Italian Immigration to the Americas and Australia
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 368–380, May 1994
How to Cite
Zucchi, J. E. (1994), 17: The Italian Immigrant Presence in Canada, 1840–1990. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 11: 368–380. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1994.tb00772.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1979 Dangerous foreigners: European Immigrant Workers and Labour Radicalism in Canada, 1896–1932. Toronto: McLelland and Stewart.
- 1989 Canadese: A Portrait of the Italo-Canadians. Toronto: Macmillan.
- Ethnic Minorities and Mass Politics in Canada: Some Observations in the Toronto Setting,” International Journal of Canadian Studies, 3:129–151.Spring.
- 1957 Canada's Immigration Policy: A Critique. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- 1989 When Nationalisms Collide: Montreal's Italian Community and the St. Leonard Crisis, 1967–69.” M.A. Thesis, McGill University, Department of History.
- 1985 Clifford Sifton. Vol. 2: A Lonely Eminence 1901–1929. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press.
- 1981 Clifford Sifton. Vol. 1: The Young Napoleon 1861–1900. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press.
- 1992 If One Were to Write a History of Postwar Toronto Italia.” In If One Were to Write a History. Edited by P. Anctil and B. Ramirez. Reprint.
- 1989 Caboto and Other Italian-Canadian Parentela.” In Arrangiarsi: The Italian Immigrant Experience in Canada. Edited by R. Perin and F. Sturino. Montreal: Guernica.
- 1988 (So Great a Heritage as Ours): Immigration and the Survival of the Canadian Polity,” Daedalus: Journal of the Academy of the American Arts and Sciences, 117(4): 51–97.
- 1979 Montreal's King of Italian Labour: A Case Study of Padronism,” Labour/Le Travail, 4.
- 1977 Frozen Wastes: The State of Italian Canadian Studies.” In Perspectives in Italian Immigration and Ethnicity. Edited by S. M. Tomasi. New York: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1988 Working in Steel: The Early Years in Canada 1883–1935. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart.
- 1992 Such Hardworking People: Italian Immigrants in Postwar Toronto. Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press.
- 1988 Italians in a Multicultural Canada. Lewiston/Queenston: The Edwin Mellen Press.
- 1987 Les Italo-Quebecois: acteurs et enjeux des debats politiques et linguistiques au Quebec,” Studi Emigrazione, 86:187–205.
- Minni, C. D. and A. F. Ciampolini, eds. 1990 Writers in Transition: The Proceedings of the First National Conference of Italian-Canadian Writers. Montreal: Guernica.
- 1915 La provincia dell'Ontario,” Bollettino dell'emigrazione. April 15.
- 1988 Les Italiens au Québec. Hull, Quebec: Les éditions Critiques. and
- 1909 Il Canadà presente e futuro in relazione all'emigrazione italiana. Rome: Tipografia dell'Unione Coop. editrice.
- 1985 Contrasts: Comparative Essays on Italian Canadian Writing. Edited by J. Pivato. Montreal: Guernica.
- 1988 Thunder Bay's Italian Community: 1880s to 1940s.” In The Italian Immigrant Experience. Edited by A. Pucci and J. Potestio. Thunder Bay: Canadian Italian Historical Association.
- 1990 On the Move: French-Canadian and Italian Migrants in the North Atlantic Economy 1860–1914. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart.
- 1980 Brief Encounters: Italian Immigrant Workers and the CPR 1900–1930,” Labour/Le Travail, 17.
- 1983 All our Fathers: The North Italian Colony in Industrial Cape Breton. Halifax: International Educational Centre, Saint Mary's University.
- 1990 Lives of the Saints. Dunvegan, Ont: Cormorant Books.
- 1978 Un secolo di emigrazione italiana: 1876–1976. Rome: Centro Studi Emigrazione.
- Royal Commission on Bilingualism and Biculturalism 1969 Book IV: The Cultural Contributions of the Other Ethnic Groups, Ottawa: Queens' Printer.
- Royal Commission on Bilingualism and Biculturalism 1905 Royal Commission Appointed to Inquire into the Immigration of Italian Labourers to Montreal and the Alleged Fraudulent Practices of Employment Agencies. Ottawa: King's Printer.
- 1985 Italian Immigrant Workers in Powell River, B.C.: A Case Study of Settlement Before World War II,” Labour/Le Travail, 16:145–165.
- 1992 Gli avventurieri dei grandi laghi,” Storia e dossier, 7:37–40.
- 1987 From Tuscany to the Northwest Territories: The Italian Community of Yellowknife,” Canadian Ethnic Studies, 19(1): 77–86.
- 1969 The Italians in Canada. Ottawa and Montreal: Canada Ethnia.
- 1990 Forging the Chain: Italian Migration to North America 1880–1930. Toronto: Multicultural History Society of Ontario.
- 1988 The Italian Immigration to Canada and the Farm Labour System through the 1920s.” In The Italian Immigrant Experience. Edited by A. Pucci and G. Potestio. Thunder Bay: Canadian Italian Historical Association.
- 1985 Polyphony. Special Issue: “Italians in Ontario,” 7. and
- 1987 Le débat linguistique au Québec: La communauté italienne et la langue d'enseignement. Montreal: Presses de l'Université de Montreal. and
- 1958 Gli italiani in Canada. Montreal: Chiesa italiana di N.S. della Difesa.
- 1987 Double Standard: The Secret History of Canadian Immigration. Toronto: Lester and Orpen Dennys.
- 1991 Historical Studies on Italian Immigrants to Canada,” Annali Accademici Canadesi, Biblioteca: 2:39–48.
- 1988 Italians in Toronto: Development of a National Identity 1875–1935. Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press.