20: Cultural and Social Change: Italian-Australian Women and the Second Generation
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1994 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: The Columbus People: Perspectives in Italian Immigration to the Americas and Australia
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 406–425, May 1994
How to Cite
Vasta, E. (1994), 20: Cultural and Social Change: Italian-Australian Women and the Second Generation. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 11: 406–425. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1994.tb00775.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 1989 Overseas Born Australians 1988: A Statistical Profile. Canberra: ABS.
- 1991 Newly Arrived Immigrant Women in the Workforce. Wollongong: Centre for Multicultural Studies for the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
- 1983 Non-English Speaking Women in an Isolated Rural Community. Annidale Papers, No. 7. Armidale: University of New England.
- 1984 Where to the Italo-Australians? A Profile of Second-Generation Italians in Australia and Some Issues of Concern. CIRC Paper No. 25. Melbourne: CIRC.
- 1984a Mediterranean Women in Australia: An Overview.” Presented to the Symposium of Mediterranean Women's Organizations, Delphi, Greece.
- 1984b Women on the Move: Migration and Feminism.” In, Ethnicity, Class and Gender in Australia. Edited by G. Bottomley and M. de Lepervanche. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin.
- 1982 White Women Listen! Black Feminism and the Boundaries of Sisterhood.” In, The Empire Strikes Back. Edited by the Centre for Contemporary Culture Studies. London: Hutchinson.
- Castles, S., C. Alcorso, G. Rando, and E. Vasta, eds. 1992 Euroaustraliani: La populazione di origine Italiana in Australia. Turin: Agnelli Foundation.
- Castles, S., C. Alcorso, G. Rando, and E. Vasta, eds. 1992 Australia's Italians: Culture and community in a changing society. Sydney: Allen and Unwin.
- 1943 Italian or American? The Second Generation in Conflict. New York: Russell and Russell.
- 1988 Migrant Hands in a Distant Land: Australia's Postwar Immigration. Sydney: Pluto Press.
- 1990 Holding it all Together: Multiculturalism, Nationalism and the State in Australia.” Presented to the XII World Congress of Sociology. Madrid.
- 1984 The ‘naturalness’ of inequality.” In Ethnicity, Class and Gender in Australia. Edited by G. Bottomley, and M. de Lepervanche. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin.
- 1988 Italian Women in Australia,” Affari Sociali Internazionali, 2. Milan: Franco Angeli.
- 1989 Italian in Australian schools and universities.” In Understanding Italy. Edited by C. Bettoni and J. Lo Bianco. Sydney: Frederick May Foundation for Italian Studies and University of Sydney.
- DILGEA (Department of Immigration, Local Government and Ethnic Affairs) 1988 Australia's Population Trends and Prospects 1988. Canberra: AGPS.
- 1987 ‘Italianess’ in the Australian context” In Nuovo Paese. November.
- 1987 There Ain't no Black in the Union Jack. London: Hutchinson.
- 1984 Generations and class: Sicilian-Australians in Melbourne.” In Ethnicity, Class and Gender in Australia. Edited by G. Bottomley and M. de Lepervanche. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin.
- 1938 The Problem of the Third Generation Immigrant. Roch Island: Augustana Historical Society.
- 1977 From Pasta to Pavlova: A Comparative Study of Italian Settlers in Sydney and Griffith: Saint Lucia. University of Queensland Press.
- 1986 Australia's Changing Population: Trends and Implications. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- IAC (Immigration Advisory Committee) 1969a Committee on Migrant Women. Canberra: DIEA.
- IAC (Immigration Advisory Committee) 1969b Committee on Migrant Women. Agenda, February 7. Canberra: DIEA.
- Kahan-Guidi, A. M. and E. Weiss, eds. 1989 Give me Strength–-Forza e coraggio. Broadway, New South Wales: Women's Redress Press.
- 1984 Multiculturalism and education policy.” In Ethnicity, Class and Gender in Australia. Edited by G. Bottomley and M. de Lepervanche. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin. and
- 1983 Work, Gender and Health Among Southern Italian Immigrants in Melbourne, Australia. Vol. I and II. Michigan: University Microfilms International.
- 1985 Italian Women's Participation in Community Organisations.” In Australia in Transition: Culture and Life Possibilities. Edited by M. E. Poole, P. R. De Lacey, and B. S. Randhawa. Sydney: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- 1985 No salami sandwiches for lunch.” In Noi Donne Italo-Australiane, Proceedings of the First Congress of Italo-Australian Women. Sydney-Melbourne: Associazione Donne Italo-Australiane.
- 1978 The Migrant Presence. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin.
- 1991 Multiculturalism and feminism.” In Intersexions. Edited by G. Bottomley, M. de Lepervanche, and J. Martin. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin.
- 1986 Non-English-Speaking Migrant Women in Australia.” In Australian Women: New Feminist Perspectives. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- 1984 Non-English Speaking Women: Production and Social Reproduction.” In Ethnicity, Class and Gender in Australia. Edited by G. Bottomley, and M. de Lepervanche. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin.
- 1988 Health Policy for a Multicultural Australia. Canberra: Office of Multicultural Affairs.
- 1991 Australian Unions and immigrant Workers. Sydney: George Allen and Unwin.
- 1982 Gender, race and class: Asian Women in resistance.” In The Empire Strikes Back. Edited by the Centre for Contemporary Cultural Studies. London: Hutchinson.
- 1988 Entrepreneurship, ethnicity and gender.” In Enterprising Women. Edited by and .
- 1983 In the Front Line.” In One Way Ticket. Edited by A. Phizacklea. London: Routledge and Keegan Paul.
- 1962a The Use of Intermarriage Statistics as an Index of Assimilation,” Population Studies, 1:1. July. and
- 1962b Immigrants Marriage Patterns in Australia,” Population Studies 1:2. November. and
- 1987 Will they Still be Dancing? Stockholm: Almqvist and Wiksell International. and
- 1976 But I Wouldn't Want my Wife to Work Here: A Study of Migrant Women in Melbourne Industry. Melbourne: Centre for Urban Research and Action.
- 1975 The Career Aspirations of Immigrant Schoolchildren in Victoria. Paper No. 12. Victoria: Department of Sociology, La Trobe University.
- 1968 The Making of the English Working Class. Harmondsworth: Penguin.
- 1990a Gender, Class and Ethnic Relations: The Domestic and Work Experiences of Italian Migrant Women in Australia,” Migration, 7.
- 1990b Australia's Post-War Immigration: Power, Identity and Resistance.” PhD. thesis: University of Queensland.
- 1985 If you had your time again, would you migrate to Australia?: A Study of Long Settled Italo-Australians in Brisbane.” DIEA Report. Canberra: AGPS.
- 1980 The Second Generation Adolescent at Home and at School,” New Education, 3.
- 1963 Citizenship Convention Digest. Canberra: AGPS.
- 1986 FILEF, Italian Migrant Women and Australian Trade Unions.” In Multicultural Australia Papers. Melbourne: CHOMI.