Mobility, Modernity And Misery: Population Displacement And Resettlement In The Middle East
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1994 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Population Displacement and Resettlement: Development and Conflict in the Middle East
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 1–10, July 1994
How to Cite
Shami, S. (1994), Mobility, Modernity And Misery: Population Displacement And Resettlement In The Middle East. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 11: 1–10. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1994.tb00791.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1993 Genealogies of Religion: Discipline and Reasons of Power in Christianity and Islam. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 1993 Disaster-Related Refugee Flows and Development-Caused Population Displacement.” In Anthropological Approaches to Resettlement: Policy, Practice, and Theory, ed. M. Cernea and S. Guggenheim. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Cernea, M. and S. Guggenheim, eds. 1993 Anthropological Approaches to Resettlement: Policy, Practice, and Theory. Boulder CO: Westview Press.
- 1987 Introduction: Migrants and Their Hosts” In People in Upheaval, eds. S. M. Morgan and E. Colson. New York: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1988 The Predicament of Culture. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- 1992 Beyond ‘Culture’: Space, Identity and the Politics of Difference,” Cultural Anthropology 7(1): 6–23. and
- 1981 Involuntary Migration and Resettlement: The Problems and Responses of Dislocated Peoples. Boulder, CO: Westview Press. and
- 1989 The Condition of Postmodernity. Cambridge, MA: Blackwell.
- Hopkins, M. and N. Donnelly, Eds. 1993 Selected Papers on Refugee Issues II. (A publication of the Committee on Refugee Issues, General Anthropology Division, a unit of the American Anthropological Association). Arlington, VA: American Anthropological Association.
- 1992 National Geographic: the Rooting of Peoples and the Territorialization of National Identity Among Scholars and Refugees,” Cultural Anthropology 7(1): 24–44.
- Oliver-Smith, A., Ed. 1986 Natural Disasters and Cultural Response. Williamsburg, VA: College of William and Mary; Studies in Third World Societies.
- 1993 Involuntary Resettlement: a Plea for the Host Population.” In Anthropological Approaches to Resettlement: Policy, Practice, and Theory. Eds., M. Cernea and S. Guggenheim. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- 1993 The Social Implications of Population Displacement and Resettlement: An Overview with a Focus on the Arab Middle East,” International Migration Review 27(1) (Spring): 4–33.
- 1989 Socio-Cultural Anthropology in Arab Universities,” Current Anthropology 30:5 (Dec.): 649–654.
- 1991 Forced Migration and the Gulf Conflict, 1990–1991,” The Oxford International Review Vol. III (1) (Winter): 17–21.
- 1989 Escape from Violence: Conflict and the Refugee Crisis in the Developing World. New York: Oxford University Press. , , and