Calculating the Risks of Resettlement: Egyptian Peasant Families in Iraq
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1994 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Population Displacement and Resettlement: Development and Conflict in the Middle East
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 121–139, July 1994
How to Cite
El-Solh, C. F. (1994), Calculating the Risks of Resettlement: Egyptian Peasant Families in Iraq. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 11: 121–139. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1994.tb00801.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1972 Rural Politics and Social Change in the Middle East. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press. and
- The Egyptian Peasant on Iraqi Land. Baghdad: General Federation of Peasants' Cooperatives. (Arabic). n.d.
- 1980 International Migration and Development in the Arab Region. Geneva: ILO. and
- 1983 Migration in the Middle East: Transformations, Policies, and Processes. Vol. I and II. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- 1979 Land Reclamation and Resettlement in the Sudan.” In Human Settlements on New Lands: Their Design and Development. Eds. L. El-Hamamsy and J. Garrison. Cairo: American University in Cairo Press.
- 1991 Egyptian Migrant Labour in Iraq: Economic Expediency and Socio-Political Reality.” Paper submitted to Conference on Iraq: Power and State, Aix-en-Provence, September.
- 1989 Egyptian Peasant Women in Iraq: Adapting to Migration.” In Forced Labor and Migration: Patterns of Movement within Africa. Eds. A. Abebe and S. Ishemo. London: Hans Zell Publishers.
- 1984 Egyptian Migrant Peasants in Iraq: A Case-Study of the Settlement Community in Khalisah. Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis, University of London.
- 1987 Differentials in Labor Migration. Cairo: Cairo Demographic Center.
- 1977 The Foundation of the League of Arab States. London: Longman.
- 1992 The Flow and Policies of Labor Migration in the Arab Republic of Egypt.” Paper submitted to Seminar on Migration Policies in Arab Labor-Sending Countries, Cairo, May. (Arabic).
- 1988 Participation and Community in the Egyptian New Lands: The Case of South Tahrir,” Cairo Papers in Social Science 11 (1). Cairo: American University in Cairo Press. et al.
- 1983 Arab Labor Mobility: Problems, Effects, Policies. Beirut: Center for Arab Unity Studies. (Arabic).
- 1983 Socio-Economic Impact of Emigration from a Giza Village.” In Migration, Mechanization, and Agricultural Labor Markets in Egypt. Eds. A. Richards and P. Martin. Cairo: American University in Cairo.
- 1982 Impact of Male Labor Migration on the Structure of the Family and the Roles of Women,” The Population Council Regional Papers. Cairo: The Population Council. and
- 1981 The Study of Rural Egypt: A Critical Review. Unpublished manuscript. Cairo: Agricultural Development Systems Project, U.S. AID.
- 1983 The Export of Egyptian School Teachers,” Cairo Papers in Social Science 3(4). Cairo: American University in Cairo.
- 1988 Estimates of Egyptians Abroad: Are there Differences?” Paper presented to Regional Conference on Development, Employment, and Migration of Human Resources, Cairo, December 1988. (Arabic).
- 1990 Return Migration. Preliminary Report I/4. Cairo: Labor Information Systems Project.
- 1977 Agrarian Reform and Rural Poverty in Egypt, 1952–1975. Geneva: ILO.
- 1979 Theories of Underdevelopment. London: MacMillan.
- 1987 Gone for Good? Egyptian Migration Process in the Arab World,” Cairo Papers in Social Science 10(2). Cairo: American University in Cairo Press.
- 1979 New Patterns of Agrarian Reform in the Middle East and North Africa,” Middle East Journal 31.