Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
1996 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Organizing the Ethnic Community: An Account of the Origin, History and Development of the Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans (1952–1995)
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 165–167, March 1996
How to Cite
(1996), Bibliography. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 13: 165–167. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1996.tb00152.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Amfitheatrof, Eric. The Children of Columbus: An Informal History of the Italians in the New World. Boston: Little Brown & Co., 1973.
- Italians in America. Chicago, Il: Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans, 1964.
- Minority Report No. 2 – Representation of Poles, Italians, Hispanics and Blacks in the Executive Suites of Chicago's Largest Corporations.” Chicago: Institute of Urban Life, 1970. et al.
- The Italians in Chicago. Springfield: Illinois Department of Public Welfare. Vol. II, No. 3, 1919. , , and .
- The Cultural Imperative to Organize Our Institutions for Creative Ethnicity,” in Italian Ethnicity in the Year 2000, J. Maselli, ed. Washington, DC: National Italian American Foundation, 1990. .
- Chicago's Italians: A Survey of the Ethnic Factor – 1850–1985.” Chicago: The Bulletin of the Italian American Chamber of Commerce, 1989. .
- Making History: A Handbook for Italian American Social History Projects.” Washington, DC: National Italian American Foundation, 1990. (Pamphlet.). .
- The Role of the Scalabrini Fathers in the Chicago Italian American Community,” in To See the Past More Clearly: The Enrichment of the Italian Heritage, 1890–1990, Landry, E. Harrel, ed. Staten Island: American Italian Historical Association, 1994. .
- “Suburban Italians: Chicago Heights, 1980–1975, in Ethnic Chicago, M. Hollis and P. Jones, eds. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Publishing, 1984. .
- Rosa: The Life of an Italian Immigrant, forward by Rudolph Vecoli. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 1970. .
- Italian Emigration of our Times. New Haven, CT: Harvard University Press, 1919.
- Blood of my Blood: The Dilemma of Italian Americans. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1974. .
- Gardaphe, Fred, ed. Italian American Ways. New York Harper & Row, 1989.
- Giordano, Joseph, ed. The Italian American Catalog. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1986.
- Beyond the Melting Pot. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1963. and .
- The Uprooted. Boston, MA: Little Brown & Co., 1951. .
- Holli, Melvin and Peter Jones, eds. Ethnic Chicago. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Publishing, 1984.
- Who's Who Among Italian Americans. Washington, DC: National Italian American Foundation, 1993. and .
- La Storia: Five Centuries of the Italian American Experience. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 1992. and .
- Admiral of the Ocean Sea: A Life of Christopher Columbus. Boston, MA: Little Brown & Co., 1942. .
- The Story of the Italian Americans. Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Co., 1965.
- The Italians in Chicago: 1880–1930. New York: Oxford University Press, 1970.
- The Italians.” in Harvard Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Groups. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press of Harvard Press, 1980.
- Four Centuries of Italian-American History. New York: Vigo Press, 1952. .
- The Italians in Chicago. Chicago, 1928; Arno Press, 1975. .
- Juvenile Delinquency and Urban Areas. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1942; rev, 1969. and ,
- Italy: A Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. .
- Sorrentino Ann, ed. Intriguing Italian Recipes. Penfield Press. 1989.
- Sorrentino Ann, recipe ed. Italian American Ways. New York: Harper & Row, 1989.
- The Chicago Area Project After 25 Years,” Federal Probation, 23; June, 1959. Pp. 40–45. .
- Crime Prevention,” in Encyclopedia of Criminal Justice, Sanford H. Kadish, ed. New York: McFree Press/McMillan, 1983. .
- How to Organize the Neighborhood for Delinquency Prevention. New York: Human Sciences Press, 1979. .
- Organizing Against Crime. New York: Human Science Press, 1977. .
- Organizing the Ethnic Community,” in The Family and Community Life of Italian Americans, Richard N. Juliani, ed. Staten Island, NY: Proceedings of the 1983 AIHA conference. .
- On the Trail of the Immigrant. New York: Fleming H. Revell Co., 1906.
- The Social Order of the Slum. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1968.
- The Italian American Experience in the United States. Staten Island, NY: Center for Migration Studies, 1970. and .
- Chicago's Italian Prior to World War II: A Study of Their Social and Economic Adjustment. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Wisconsin, 1962. .
- The Coming of Age of the Italian Americans: 1945–1974,” Ethnicity 5:119–147 (1978). .
- Vecoli, Rudolph, ed. Italian Immigrants in Rural and Small Town America. Staten Island, NY: The American Italian Historical Association, 1987.