New Approaches to Caribbean Emigration and Return
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1996 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Caribbean Circuit New Directions in the Study of Caribbean Migration
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 1–11, July 1996
How to Cite
Pessar, P. R. (1996), New Approaches to Caribbean Emigration and Return. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 13: 1–11. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1996.tb00153.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1990 “Disjunction and Difference in the Global Cultural Economy.” Public Culture, 2(2): 1–24.
- 1994 Nations Unbound: Transnational Projects and the Deterritorialized Nation-State. New York: Gordon and Breach. , and
- 1985 Migration front the Caribbean Region: Determinants and Effects of Movement. Washington, DC: Occasional Paper Series, Georgetown University and the Intergovernmental Committee for Migration.
- 1991 Migration, Remittances, and Small Business Development. Boulder, CO: Westview Press. and
- 1990 Migration and Development: The Case of Puerto Rico. Washington, DC: Working Paper No. 18, Commission for the Study of International Migration and Cooperative Economic Development.
- 1995 “Toward a Comparative Perspective on Caribbean Migration.” Unpublished paper prepared for the Research Seminar on Caribbean Migration to Europe, St. Edmond Hall, Oxford, September 22–24.
- 1995 “From Immigrant to Transmigrant: Theorizing Transnational Migration.” Anthropological Quarterly, 68(1): 48–63. , and
- 1980 “Return Migration.” Annual Review of Anthropology, 9:135–159.
- 1991 Between Two Islands: Dominican International Migration. Berkeley: University of California Press. and
- 1994 “Los Dominicanyorks: The Making of a Binational Society.” Annals of the AAPSS, 553: 70–86.
- 1992 “One Country in Two: Dominican Owned Firms in New York and in the Dominican Republic.” Ph.D. Dissertation, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland.
- 1986 Return Migration and Regional Economic Problems. London: Croom Helm.
- 1984 The Politics of Return. New York: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1990 “Foreward.” In In Search of a Better Life. Ed. R. Palmer. New York: Praeger. Pp. xiii–xix.
- 1996 A Visa for a Dream: Dominicans in the United States. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- 1990 Tropical Capitalists: U.S.-Bound Immigration and Small Enterprise Development in the Dominican Republic. Washington, DC: Working Paper No. 57, Commission for the Study of International Migration and Cooperative Economic Development. and
- 1990 Immigrant America: A Portrait. Berkeley: University of California Press. and
- 1991 “Mexican Migration and the Social Space of Postmodernism,” Diaspora 1: 8–23.
- 1982 Return Migration and Remittances: Developing a Caribbean Perspective. Washington, DC: RIES Occasional Paper No. 3, Smithsonian Institution. , and
- 1985 “Return Migration and Its Implications for Caribbean Development.” In Migration and Development in the Caribbean. Ed. R. Pastor. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.