6: Workforce Losses and Return Migration to the Caribbean: A Case Study of Jamaican Nurses
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
1996 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Caribbean Circuit New Directions in the Study of Caribbean Migration
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 197–223, July 1996
How to Cite
Brown, D. A. (1996), 6: Workforce Losses and Return Migration to the Caribbean: A Case Study of Jamaican Nurses. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 13: 197–223. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.1996.tb00159.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1988 “Skilled Workers in Jamaica, 1976–1985.” In When Borders Don't Divide: Labor Migration and Refugee Movements in the Americas. Ed. P. Pessar. New York: Center for Migration Studies.
- 1983 White Collar Migrants in the Americas and the Caribbean. Leiden: Royal Institute of Linguistics and Anthropology. and
- 1985 “Migration and Development in the Eastern Caribbean.” In Migration and Development in the Caribbean: The Unexplored Connection. Ed. R. Pastor. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- 1978 Injustice: The Social Bases of Obedience and Revolt. New York: M. E. Sharpe.
- 1991 The Origins and Consequences of Jamaica's Debt Crisis 1970–1990. Kingston, Jamaica: University of the West Indies Mona, Consortium Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- 1983 “Remittances and Rural Underdevelopment in the English-Speaking Caribbean,” Human Organization, 42 (4):295–306.
- 1982 Return Migration and Remittances: Developing a Caribbean Perspective. Washington, DC: Research Institute on Immigration and Ethnic Studies, Smithsonian Institution. , , and
- 1985 “Return Migration and Its Implications for Caribbean Development.” In Migration and Development in the Caribbean: The Unexplored Connection. Ed. R. Pastor. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- 1983 “Off the Island: Population Mobility Among the Middle Class.” In White-Collar Migrants in the Americas and the Caribbean. Ed. A. Marks and H. Vessun. Leiden: Royal Institute of Linguistics and Anthropology.
- 1982 “Theoretical and Methodological Problems in Commonwealth Caribbean Migration Research: Conditions and Causality,” Social and Economic Studies, 31(1): 165–207.