This research was supported by the National Institutes of Health under grant HD33843, with partial support from the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the National Science Foundation.
6: Family, Schooling, Religiosity, and Mobility among New Legal Immigrants to the United States: Evidence from the New Immigrant Survey Pilot†
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
2000 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Immigration Today: Pastoral and Research Challenges
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 52–81, May 2000
How to Cite
Jasso, G., Massey, D. S., Rosenzweig, M. R. and Smith, J. P. (2000), 6: Family, Schooling, Religiosity, and Mobility among New Legal Immigrants to the United States: Evidence from the New Immigrant Survey Pilot. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 16: 52–81. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.2000.tb00263.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- General Social Surveys. Data and Data Documentation. 1972 Ann Arbor, Michigan: International Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- 1987 “Population Movements: Typology and Data Collection, Trends, Policies.” Paper presented at the European Population Conference. Finland.
- 1998 “The New Immigrant Survey Pilot (NIS-P): Overview and New Findings about U.S. Legal Immigrants at Admission.” Demography. , , , and . In press.
- 1990 The New Chosen People: Immigrants in the United States. The Population of the United States in the 1980s: A Census Monograph Series. New York: Russell Sage. , and .
- 1987 “International Migration Policies: Conceptual Problems,” International Migration Review, 21(4):947–964.
- Levine, D. B., K. Hill, and R. Warren, eds. 1985 Immigration Statistics: A Story of Neglect. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Loaeza Tovar, E. and S. Martin, eds. 1997 Binational Study on Migration between Mexico and the United States. Washington, DC, and Mexico City: U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform and Mexico's Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores.
- Smith, J. P. and B. Edmonston, eds. 1997 The New Americans: Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Effects of Immigration. Report of the National Research Council. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- U.S. Department of State Various Issues: Visa Bulletin..
- U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee on Population 1978 Legal and Illegal Immigration to the United States. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service 1979-1996 Statistical Yearbook. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- U.S. Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy 1981 U.S. Immigration Policy and the National Interest: Final Report and Recommendations of the Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy to the Congress and President of the United States, Washington, DC: Government Printing Office.
- 1987 “The Concept of International Migration as Reflected in Data Collection Systems,” International Migration Review, 21(4):925–946.