1The research underlying this article was supported in part by a grant from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (HD-34571). The authors also acknowledge with thanks the research assistance provided by Hong Ping Zhang at Fordham University and Jeffrey Rurka at Colgate University.
7: U.S. Immigration Policy and Immigrant Integration: Occupational Mobility among the population legalizing under IRCA1
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
2000 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Immigration Today: Pastoral and Research Challenges
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 82–108, May 2000
How to Cite
Kraly, E. P., Seltzer, W. and Powers, M. G. (2000), 7: U.S. Immigration Policy and Immigrant Integration: Occupational Mobility among the population legalizing under IRCA. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 16: 82–108. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.2000.tb00264.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1992 “Changes in the Structure of Wages in the 1980's: an Evaluation of Alternative Explanations,” American Economic Review, 82(3):371–392. and
- Camino, L. A. and R. M. Krulfield, eds. 1994 Reconstructing Lives, Recapturing Meaning: Refugee Identity, Gender, and Culture Change. Australia, United States: Gordon and Breach.
- 1978 “The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings on Foreign-Born Men,” Journal of Political Economy, 897–922. October.
- 1998 “Language Skill Definition: A Study of Legalized Aliens,” International Migration Review, 32(4):877–900. and
- 1998 “Occupational Mobility of Australia's Vietnamese Community: Its Direction and Human Capital Determinants,” International Migration Review, 32(1):175–201.
- 1996 “Admission Criteria and Immigrant Earnings Profiles,” International Migration Review, 30(2):571–590. and
- 1988 “Explaining Occupational Sex Segregation and Wages: Findings from a Model with Fixed Effects,” American Sociological Review, 53(4):544–558. et al.
- 1992 “Comment: Ethnic Invention and Acculturation, a Bumpy-Line Approach,” Journal of American Ethnic History, 12(1):42–52. Fall. Reprinted in Richard C. Monk, Taking Sides: Clashing Views on Race and Ethnicity, 2nd edition, 1996. Guilford CT: Dushkin Publishing Group, pp. 59-66.
- 1990 Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 1970 “Migration, Unemployment and Development,” American Economic Review, 60(1):56–71. March. and
- 1990 The New Chosen People: Immigrants in the United States. New York: Russell Sage. and
- 1998 “Changing U.S. Immigration Law and the Occupational Selectivity of Asian Immigrants.” International Migration Review, 32(3):737–760. and
- 1994 The Geographical Analysis of Population. New York: John Wiley and Sons. and
- 1997 “Gender Equality: Changes in the Status of the World's Women.” In Race, Ethnicity and Gender. Eds. S. P. Oliner and P. T. Gay. Dubuque, KS: Kendall/Hunt Publishing. Pp. 277–302.
- 1982 “Measures of Socioeconomic Status: An Introduction.” In Measures of Socioeconomic Status: Current Issues. Ed. M. G. Powers. Boulder, CO: Westview Press. Pp. 1–28.
- 1998 “Occupational Status and Mobility among Undocumented Immigrants by Gender,” International Migration Review, 32(1):21–55. and
- 1998 “Gender Differences in the Occupational Status of Undocumented Immigrants in the United States: Experience Before and After Legalization,” International Migration Review, 32(4):1015–1046. , and
- 1998 “Labor Market Outcomes of Immigrant Women in the United States: 1970-1990,” International Migration Review, 32(1):57–77.
- 1997 “Trends in Male-Female Status Inequality, 1940-1990,” Social Science Research, 26:1–24. , and
- 1998 “The Social Process of Undocumented Border Crossing among Mexican Migrants,” International Migration Review, 32(3):561–592. and
- 1994. “The Immigration Reform and Control Act and Wages of Mexican Origin Workers: Evidence from Current Population Surveys,” Social Science Quarterly, 75(1):1–17. and
- 1969 “A Model of Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in the Less Developed Countries,” American Economic Review, 59(1):138–149. March.
- 1987 “Illegal migration and U.S. immigration reform: A conceptual framework,” Population and Development Review, 13(1):101–114. and
- U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service 1992 Immigration Control and Reform Act: Report on the Legalized Alien Population. Washington, DC: Government Printing Office.
- 1986 “Segregation and Diversity Measures in Population Distribution,” Population Index, 52:198–221.