Chapter I: INDIAN LIFE
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
2003 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Holden's Staten Island: The History of Richmond County
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 3–9, January 2003
How to Cite
(2003), Chapter I: INDIAN LIFE. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 18: 3–9. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.2003.tb00300.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1“Archeology on Staten Island.”The News Bulletin. Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences, 10:19–21, October 1960.
- 2Bayles, Richard M., Ed. History of Richmond County (Staten Island) New York: From Its Discovery to the Present Time. New York: L. E. Preston and Co., 1887. P. 48–53.
- 3Indian Life of Long Ago in the City of New York. New York: Schoen Press, 1934. P. 167.
- 4A Lenape-English Dictionary. Philadelphia: Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1888. P. 236.And
- 5Folsom Points Found at Rossville, Staten Island. Proceedings of the Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. XX: 40–43, Fall 1957.
- 6Annals of Staten Island: From Its Discovery to the Present Time. New York: Press of Charles Vogt, 1877. P. 6–7.
- 7Staten Island and Its People, Vol. I. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., Inc., 1930. P. 71–84.And
- 8Memorial History of Staten Island, Vol. I. New York: Memorial Publishing Co., 1898. P. 10–19.
- 9Indian History of New York State. Part I. Pre-Iroquoian Cultures. Educational Leaflet Series No. 6, Rev. Albany: New York State Museum, 1953. P. 13.
- 10Indian History of New York State. Part III. The Algonkian Tribes. Albany: New York State Museum and Science Service, n.d. P. 24.
- 11The Indians of Manhattan Island and Vicinity. Port Washington: Ira J. Friedman, Inc., 1961. P. 64 (Reprint of Guide Leaflet Series No. 41, American Museum of Natural History.)..