SEARCH

SEARCH BY CITATION

Bibliography

  • 1
    Abbott, Mabel. Kreischerville: A Forgotten Chapter in Staten Island History. Proceedings of Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences, XI:31, January 1949.
  • 2
    Abbott, Mabel. The Old Tollhouse at Rossville. Proceedings of Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences, XI: 7073, April 1949.
  • 3
    Bayles, Richard M., Ed. History of Richmond County (Staten Island) New York: From Its Discovery to the Present Time. New York: L. E. Preston and Co., 1887. P. 250273, 326–368, 397–444.
  • 4
    Betancourt, B. C. Jr. Staten Island Steam Ferries. The Staten Island Historian, XVI: 913, April-June 1955.
  • 5
    Boyle-Cullen, Margaret. The Woods of Arden House. The Staten Island Historian, XVI: 2527, October-December 1953. XV: 4–8, January-March 1954. XV: 13–15, April-June 1954.
  • 6
    Buck, William J. The Staten Island Rapid Transit Railway Company. Tercentenary Booklet. Staten Island, N.Y.: Staten Island Tercentenary Commission, 1961. P. 27.
  • 7
    Burgher, Elliott R. The Staten Island Express Post. Proceedings of Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences, XI: 4449, January 1949.
  • 8
    Clute, John Jacob. Annals of Staten Island From Its Discovery to the Present Time. New York: Press of Charles Vogt, 1887, P. 131136, 259–267, 270–300, 310–333.
  • 9
    Cole, Roswell S. Some Effects of Physical Geography on the Culture of Staten Island. The Staten Island Historian, V: 2, 67, January-March 1942.
  • 10
    Culicetto, Peter J. General Joseph Garibaldi. Tercentenary Booklet. Staten Island, N. Y.: Staten Island Tercentenary Commission, 1961. P. 51.
  • 11
    Hampton, Vernon B. Francis Asbury on Staten Island. The Staten Island Historian, IX: 14, January-March 1948.
  • 12
    Hampton, Vernon B. Henry Boehm, Centenarian: His Life and Staten Island Ministry. The Staten Island Historian, XX: 2530, October-December 1959.
  • 13
    Hampton, Vernon B. Staten Island's Claim to Fame. Staten Island, N.Y.: Richmond Boro Publishing and Printing Co., 1925. P. 4445, 58–78, 83–85, 127–134, 139–142, 150–152, 154–169.
  • 14
    Hankinson, Frank, and Hampton, Vernon B. The History of Staten Island Public Schools. Staten Island, N. Y.: Staten Island Teachers' Association, 1942, P. 17.
  • 15
    Hine, Charles G., Ed. History and Legend of Howard Avenue and Serpentine Road, Grymes Hill, Staten Island. Staten Island, N. Y: Hine Brothers Printery, 1914. P. 80.
  • 16
    Hine, Charles G., and Davis, W. T. Legends, Stories and Folklore of Old Staten Island. Part I. The North Shore. Staten Island, N. Y.: Staten Island Historical Society, 1925. P. 140.
  • 17
    Holle, Henry A. Dr. Quarantine. Tercentenary Booklet. Staten Island, N.Y.: Staten Island Tercentenary Commission, 1961, p. 20.
  • 18
    Hubbell, Arthur Y. Prominent Men of Staten Island, 1893. (Columbus Centennial). New York: A. Y. Hubbell, 1893. P. 6773, 133–145.
  • 19
    Jacobsen, Anita K. The Ward Family: Grymes Hill. The Staten Island Historian, VI: 1011, 16, April-June 1943.
  • 20
    Jessup, Pierson D. 237 Years of a House of God. The Staten Island Historian, X: 911, 14–15, April-June 1949.
  • 21
    Kolff, Cornelius. The Naming of Greenridge. The Staten Island Historian, II: 13, 7, January 1939.
  • 22
    Kolff, Cornelius. The Time of Rossville's Glory. The Staten Island Historian, IV: 22, 24, July-September 1941.
  • 23
    Kollmer, Burton A. Staten Island Baskets. The Staten Island Historian, I:4, January 1938.
  • 24
    Kollmer, Burton A. The Candle Maker of Blood-Root Valley. The Staten Island Historian, III: 2, 78, January 1940.
  • 25
    Kollmer, Burton A. The Yesterday of the Oysterman. The Staten Island Historian, III: 17, 19, 23–24, July 1940.
  • 26
    Krist, Robert. Fort Wadsworth. The Staten Island Historian, XVIII: 1718, July-September 1957. XVIII: 25–28, October-December 1957.
  • 27
    Leason, Percy. Jasper F. Cropsey. Proceedings of Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences, 10: 4952, October 1944-May 1946.
  • 28
    Leng, Charles W., and Davis, William T. Staten Island and Its People. Vol. I. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., Inc., 1930. P. 205272, 456–461, 467, 475, 482–484.
  • 29
    Leng, Charles W., and Davis, William T. Staten Island and Its People. Vol. II. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., Inc., 1930. P. 580, 589, 592–594, 611–635, 643–653, 687–701, 708–714, 729, 758–760, 925.
  • 30
    Magruder, Herbert T. In the Heyday of the Pavilion Hotel. The Staten Island Historian, XII: 9, 14–16, April-June 1951.
  • 31
    Mcmillen, Harlow. Richmondtown: The First 160 Years – Part II. Richmondtown as the County Seat, 1782–1837. The Staten Island Historian, XXII: 1314, April-June 1961.
  • 32
    Mcmillen, Harlow. Richmondtown: The First 160 Years – Part VI. The Residents of Richmondtown. The Tradesmen. The Staten Island Historian, XXIII: 13, January-March 1962.
  • 33
    McMillen, Loring. Clove Lakes, Made by Man, Years Ago Was a Little Boy's Old Swimming Hole. Staten Island Advance,* October 28, 1949.
  • 34
    McMillen, Loring. First Ferryboats to Manhattan Had Terminal in Stapleton. Staten Island Advance,* October 10, 1949.
  • 35
    McMillen, Loring. Gage's Sandpaper Factory, Tottenville. The Staten Island Historian, III: 9, 11, April 1940.
  • 37
    McMillen, Loring. Ice Was Once Cut on Island Ponds, Then Stored for Summer Use. Staten Island Advance,* April 7, 1950.
  • 38
    McMillen, Loring. Major George Howard and His Little Memoir. The Staten Island Historian, XIX: 67, January-March 1958.
  • 39
    McMillen, Loring. Port Richmond Hotel. The Staten Island Historian, VII: 25, 27, October 1944-December 1945.
  • 40
    McMillen, Loring. The Quarantine. The Staten Island Historian, XIV: 911, April-June 1953.
  • 41
    McMillen, Loring. Staten Island Architecture. The Staten Island Historian, V: 1, 3, 8, January-March 1942. V: 25–27, 31–32, October-December 1942. VI: 17, 19, 24, July-September 1943. VI: 25, 27, 30, October-December 1943.
  • 42
    McMillen, Loring. 250 Years of History in Port Richmond. Staten Island Advance,* September 1, 1953.
  • 43
    McMillen, Loring. Willowbrook Used to Power 2 Mills. Staten Island Advance,* May 8, 1950.
  • 44
    Morris, Ira K. Memorial History of Staten Island. Vol. 2, New York: Memorial Publishing Co., 1898. P. 148, 129–159, 170–171, 190–196, 216–227, 232–234, 281–282, 292–299, 304–318, 321–325, 375–386, 412–428, 468–475.
  • 45
    Morris, Ira K. The Old Patten House. The Staten Island Historian, IV: 9, 1516, April-June 1941.
  • 46
    “New York Ferryboats.” American Heritage, X: 2631, 78, October 1959.
  • 47
    New York State Freedom Train Commission. Official Document Book, N.Y.S. Freedom Train. Albany, N. Y.: 1949. P. 40.
  • 48
    Olwig, Robert A. The Press on Staten Island. Tercentenary Booklet. Staten Island, N.Y.: Staten Island Tercentenary Commission, 1961. P. 28.
  • 49
    “Our Host. The Sailors' Snug Harbor.” The News Bulletin, Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences, 10: 24, September 1960.
  • 50
    Reed, Herbert B. Communications on Staten Island. The Staten Island Historian, XVI: 1315, April-June 1955.
  • 51
    Reed, Herbert B. Communications on Staten Island. Tercentenary Booklet. Staten Island, N.Y.: Staten Island Tercentenary Commission, 1961. P. 22.
  • 52
    Reed, Herbert B. Port Richmond Bergen Point Ferry. The Staten Island Historian, XX: 1516, April-June 1959. XX: 23–24, July-September 1959.
  • 53
    Reed, Herbert B. Staten Island Horsecars and Their Successors, Trolleys. The Staten Island Historian, XIV: 14, January-March 1953.
  • 54
    Reed, Herbert B. The New Blazing Star Ferry. The Staten Island Historian, XXII: 30, 32, October-December 1961. XXIII: 7–8, January-March 1962.
  • 55
    Reed, Herbert B. The Ferries of Staten Island. Tercentenary Booklet. Staten Island, N.Y.: Staten Island Tercentenary Commission, 1961. P. 2425.
  • 56
    Santoro, Daniel, and Rallo, John A. Italians – Past and Present. Staten Island Italian Historical Society, 1955. P. 4059.
  • 57
    Smith, Dorothy V. A Small Restoration. The Staten Island Historian, XVIII: 2829, October-December 1957.
  • 58
    Smith, Dorothy V. Ice-Harvesting on Staten Island. The Staten Island Historian, I: 1718, 20, July 1938.
  • 59
    Smith, Dorothy V. Staten Island Artists. The Staten Island Historian, II: 1719, 24, July 1939.
  • 60
    Smith, Dorothy V. The Clove and Its Valley. The Staten Island Historian, XVII: 2527, July-September 1956.
  • 61
    Smith, Dorothy V. The Staten Island Dyeing Industry. The Staten Island Historian, V: 910, 14, April-June 1942.
  • 62
    Steinmeyer, Ellinor B. Kreischerville Clay Works. The Staten Island Historian, II: 17, 23–24, July 1939.
  • 63
    Steinmeyer, Henry G. Staten Island 1524–1898. 2nd ed., Staten Island, N.Y.: Staten Island Historical Society, 1961. P. 4160.
  • 64
    Stoddard, Charles C. A Staten Island Schoolmaster. The Staten Island Historian, VII: 12, 8, January-March 1944.
  • 65
    Stuart, James. Three Years in North America. Tercentenary Booklet. Staten Island, N. Y.: Staten Island Tercentenary Commission, 1961. P. 5355.
  • 66
    Turk, Richard J., Jr. Emerson Hill. The Staten Island Historian, XXI: 1314, April-June 1960.
  • 67
    Tyler, John. Oystermen of Sandy Ground. The Staten Island Historian, XIX: 1314, April-June 1958.
  • 68
    Welsh, Joseph J. The Gas Industry. The Staten Island Historian, II:22, July 1939.
  • 69
    Welsh, Joseph J. The Telegraph on Staten Island. The Staten Island Historian, II: 9, 14, April 1939.