The Human Rights of Migrants: A Pastoral Challenge
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
2003 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: Migration, Religious Experience, and Globalization
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 76–102, March 2003
How to Cite
Battistella, G. (2003), The Human Rights of Migrants: A Pastoral Challenge. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 18: 76–102. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.2003.tb00318.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
- 1999 Protection of the Rights of Migrants,” in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Fifty Years and Beyond. Ed. Y. Danieli et al. Amityville: Baywood Publishing Company.
- 2001 Catholic Foundations of Human Rights.” <http://www.stthomasu.ca>, accessed January.
- Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales 1998 Human Rights and the Catholic Church. Reflections on the Jubilee of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. London: Catholic Media Office.
- 1999 International Human Rights Standards and the Protection of Migrant Workers in the Asia Pacific Region,” Asian Migrant, Vol. 12, No. 1.
- 1997 Migrant Workers in International Human Rights Law. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- 2000 Toward the ‘Rights of the Poor.’ Human Rights in Liberation Theology,” Journal of Religious Ethics, Vol. 28, No. 3.
- 2002 Ministry at the Margins. Strategy and Spirituality for Mission. New York: Orbis Books.
- 1998 Religion, Religions and Human Rights,” Journal of Religious Ethics, Vol. 26, No. 2.
- 1994 Ratifying the UN Migrant Workers Convention: Current Difficulties and Prospects,” Asian Migrant, Vol. 7, No. 3. and
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) 2000 World Migration Report 2000. Geneva: IOM.
- 1998 Contrasting and Uniting Theology and Human Rights,” Journal of Religious Ethics, Vol. 26, No. 2.
- 1982 Human Rights in Roman Catholicism,” Journal of Ecumenical Studies, Vol. 19, No. 3.
- 2001 The Inter-American Human rights System and the Protection of the Rights of Migrants.” <http://www.december 18.org>.
- 2001 Smuggling and Trafficking in Humans a Human Rights Issue,” People on the Move, No. 86, September.
- 1998 Worlds in Motion. Understanding International Migration at the End of the Millennium. Oxford: Clarendon Press. , et al.
- 1982 Human Rights in Creation and Redemption: A Protestant View,” Journal of Ecumenical Studies, Vol. 19, No. 3.
- 1991 The Unsettled Relationship. Labor Migration and Economic Development. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. and
- 1997 Violence Against Women Migrant Workers: Issues, Data and Partial Solutions,” Asian and Pacific Migration Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1. and
- 2000 Human Rights of Migrants: Challenges of the New Decade,” International Migration, Vol. 38, No. 6.
- 2001 I documenti del magistero ecclesiale e le migrazioni,” Studi Emigrazione, Vol. 38, No. 143.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) 2000 Human Development Report 2000. New York: Oxford University Press.