Critical Legal and Policy Issues Facing International Labour Migration
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
2008 Center for Migration Studies
Center for Migration Studies special issues
Special Issue: International Migration & Development: Continuing the Dialogue: Legal and Policy Perspectives
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 145–155, January 2008
How to Cite
Yakoob, N. H. (2008), Critical Legal and Policy Issues Facing International Labour Migration. Center for Migration Studies special issues, 21: 145–155. doi: 10.1111/j.2050-411X.2008.tb00396.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2012
- 2003 Remaking the American Mainstream, Harvard University Press, Cambridge. and
- 2006 ‘Reactive Ethnicity’ or ‘Assimilation’? Statements, Arguments and First Empirical Evidence for Labor Migrants in Germany”, International Migration Review, 40: 786–816. and .
- 2006 Immigration, Education and the Turkish Second Generation in Five European Nations: A Comparative Study”, Immigration and the Transformation of Europe, Ii Craig Parsons and Timothy Smeeding (eds.). Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. and
- 2005 In a New Land: A Comparative View of Immigration, NYU Press, New York, USA.
- 2008 Immigrant Religion in the US and Western Europe: Bridge or Barrier to Inclusion”, International Migration Review, 42:360–392. and
- 2004 Migration, Race and Ethnicity in the United States: Social Constructions and Social Relations in Historical and Contemporary Perspective”, Not Just Black and White: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on Immigration, Race, and Ethnicity in the United States, Nancy Foner and George Fredrickson (eds.), Russell Sage Foundation, New York, USA. and
- 1992 Second Generation Decline: Scenarios for the Economic and Ethnic Future ofPost-1965 Immigrants”, Ethnic and Racial Studies 15: 173–92.
- 2007 English Usage Among Hispanics in the United States. Pew Hispanic Center, Washington, D.C., USA. and
- 2006 The Missing Dimension: Political and Civic Incorporation Among Second Generation Immigrants in New York”, paper presented at the American Sociological Association annual meeting, Montreal, Canada. , , , and
- Kasintz, Philip, John Mollenkopf and Mary C. Waters (eds.) 2004 Becoming New Yorkers: Ethnographies of the New Second Generation. Russell Sage Foundation, New York, USA.
- 2006 Integrating Islam: Political and Religious Challenges in Contemporary France, Brookings Institution Press, Washington, D.C., USA. and
- 2005 The Immigrant Threat: The Integration of Old and New Migrants in Western Europe since 1850, University of Illinois Press, Urbana, USA.
- 2007 Categorically Unequal, Russell Sage Foundation, New York, USA.
- 2006 Opportunities and Challenges for Migrant and Migrant-Background Youth in Developed Countries”, report submitted to the United Nations Social and Economic Council (ECOSOC), (July).
- 2007 The Persistence of Intergenerational Inequalities Linked to Immigration: Labor Market Outcomes for Immigrants and Their Descendants in France”, Population-E, 61: 645–82. , , and
- Capital, Ethnic Identity and Educational Qualifications”, New Dimensions of Diversity: The Children of Immigrants in the North America and Western Europe, and (eds.). (forthcoming) “
- 2006 Europe: Population and Migration in 2005,” Migration Information Source (June), available online at http://www.migrationinformation.org/Feature/display.cfmid402..
- 2005 Italians Then, Mexicans Now, Russell Sage Foundation, New York, USA.
- 2004 Migration Then and Now: Race, Generation and the Changing Meaning of Marriage”, Not Just Black and White: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on Immigration, Race and Ethnicity in the United States. Nancy Foner and George Fredrickson (eds.), New York, USA. and
- 2001 Legacies: The Story of the Immigrant Second Generation, University of California Press, Berkeley, USA. and
- 2006 Immigrant America: A Portrait. 3rd ed., University of California Press, Berkeley, USA. and
- 1993 The New Second Generation: Segmented Assimilation and its Variants among Post-1965 Immigrant Youth”, Annals of The American Academy of Political and Social Science, 530: 74–98. and
- 2004 Ages, Life Stages and Generational Cohorts: Decomposing the First and Second Generation in the United States”, International Migration Review, 38: 1160–1205.
- 2007 Segmented Assimilation in France? Discrimination in the Labour Market against the Second Generation”, Ethnic and Racial Studies, 30: 1–27. , and