A note on the seasonal variation of the flux of angular momentum by the transient and standing eddies in the northern hemisphere
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
1969 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 656–667, October 1969
How to Cite
MACDONALD, N. J. and FRAZIER, H. M. (1969), A note on the seasonal variation of the flux of angular momentum by the transient and standing eddies in the northern hemisphere. Tellus, 21: 656–667. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1969.tb00473.x
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
- Manuscript received December 19, 1968; revised version March 7, 1969
- 1959. Upper wind statistics charts of the northern hemisphere. Office of the Chief of the U.S. Naval Operations.
- 1967. On the mean meridional circulation and the flux of angular momentumover the northern hemisphere, Tellus 19, 1–13.
- 1963. Poleward flux of atmospheric angular momentum in the southern hemisphere. J. Atmospheric Sci. 20, 161–166.
- 1968. Estimates of the seasonal variation of the general circulation from easily identifiable features. Tellus 20, 300–304.
- 1962. The harmonic persistence correlation and geomagnetic disturbance. J. Atmospheric Sci. 19, 60–65. &
- 1965. An arrangement of data for dynamical studies of the atmosphere WMO Tech. Note No. 73, Data Processing in Meteorology, Proceedings of the WMO/IUGG Symposium on Meteorological Data Processing, Brussels, pp. 3–39. &
- Components of the 1000-mb winds (or surface winds) of the northern hemisphere, 1966. NAVAIR 50-1C-51 Pub. by direction of the Chief of Naval Operations.
- 1951. A hemispherical study of the atmospheric angular momentum balance. Quart. J. Roy. Met. Soc. 77, 215–225. &
- 1952. Note on the seasonal variation of the meridional flux of angular momentum. Quart. J. Roy. Met. Soc. 78, 62–69. &
- 1952. Schemes for the study of hemispheric exchange processes. Quart. J. Roy. Met. Soc. 78, 407–410. &
- 1966. Studies of techniques for the analysis and prediction of temperatures in the ocean, Part III: Automated Analysis and Prediction. Interim Report Contract N62306–1675 U.S. Naval Oceanographic Office.. , &