On leave from Institut für theoretische Meteorologie der Universität München.
On the determination of an upper limit of atmospheric predictability
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
1973 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 25, Issue 5, pages 435–443, October 1973
How to Cite
EGGER, J. (1973), On the determination of an upper limit of atmospheric predictability. Tellus, 25: 435–443. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1973.tb00628.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
- received February 19; revised version May 3, 1973
- 1970. Lagrangian statistics from numerically integrated turbulent shear flow. Phys. Fluids 13 (3), 584–595. & ,
- 1971. On the difference equations for meteorological prediction. Numerical solution of partial difference equations-II, pp. 215–241. Academic Press Inc., New York and London.
- 1971. On stochastic dynamic prediction. II. Predictability and utility. Month. Weath. Rev., 99 927–938.
- 1968. Large-scale dispersion of clusters of particles in the atmosphere. J. Atm. Sc., 25 214–221. &
- 1969. Large-scale dispersion of clusters of particles in the atmosphere. II. Stratosphere. J. Atm. Sc., 26 734–740. &
- 1972. Turbulent dispersion-EOLE experiment. COSPAR XV, Madrid.
- 1971. Atmospheric predictability and two-dimensional turbulence. J. Atm. Sc., 28 145–161.
- 1969. The predictability of flow which possesses many scales of motion. Tellus, 21 289–307.
- 1962. Some problems of atmospheric diffusion on very large scale. Inst. Met. TH Darmstadt Tech. Note., 2 AF 61 (052)-366.
- 1970. Large scale dispersion of constant level balloons in the southern general circulation. Ann. Geophys., 26 815–828.
- 1972. Satellite techniques for automatic platform location and data relay. COSPAR XV, Madrid.
- 1946. The motion of harmonic waves in the atmosphere. J. Met., 3 53–56.
- 1968. A finite difference scheme for the primitive equation model with special emphasis on the suppression of the two grid interval noise. Proc. WMO/IUGG Symp. Num. Weath. Pred. Tokyo, 1968 vol. VII, pp. 1–10.
- 1967. Some current projects for meteorological observation and experiment. Q.J.R.M.S., 93 409–418.
- 1971. The predictability of a dissipative flow. Q.J.R.M.S., 97 300–312.
- 1957. Uncertainty of initial state as a factor in the predictability of large scale atmospheric flow patterns. Tellus, 9 275–295.
- 1955. Studies on the general development of motion in a two dimensional, ideal fluid. Tellus, 7 141–156.