On Faculty Improvement Leave (Sept. 1972-Aug. 1973) from the Physics Department of Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50010.
On the physics of stratospheric (nacreous) cloud formation
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
1973 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 25, Issue 5, pages 479–482, October 1973
How to Cite
STANFORD, J. L. (1973), On the physics of stratospheric (nacreous) cloud formation. Tellus, 25: 479–482. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1973.tb00631.x
The National Center for Atmospheric Research is sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
- received February 5, 1973
- 1959. Mother of pearl clouds in Norway. Geophysica Norvegica, 20 1–29.
- 1969. The physics of nacreous and noctilucent clouds. Stratospheric Circulation (ed. W. L.Webb), Chapter 4. Academic Press, New York.
- 1971. Observations of mountain-induced turbulence. J. Geophys. Res., 76 6585–6588.
- 1971. Data Catalog for the 1970 Colorado Lee Wave Observational Program, Tech. Note TN/STR-72. National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Co.. , , &
- 1968. Water vapor distribution in the stratosphere and high troposphere. J. Atmos. Sci., 25 299–311.
- 1971. The variability of water vapor in the stratosphere. J. Atmos. Sci., 28 1495–1501.
- 1972. Mother-of-Pearl Cloud over Scotland. Weather, 27 14–22.