Presently at Institut für Meteorologie, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, Mainz, Germany.
Prediction of the solar radiant flux and heating rates in a polluted atmosphere
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
1973 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 25, Issue 5, pages 486–498, October 1973
How to Cite
BERGSTROM, R. W. and VISKANTA, R. (1973), Prediction of the solar radiant flux and heating rates in a polluted atmosphere. Tellus, 25: 486–498. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1973.tb00633.x
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
- received December 21, 1972; revised version April 16, 1973
- 1971. Radiative effects of pollutants in the atmospheric boundary layer. J. Atmos. Sci., 28 1367–1373.
- 1972. Predictions of the spectral absorption and extinction coefficients of an urban air pollution aerosol model. Atmospheric Environment, 6 247–258.
- 1972. Theoretical Study of the Thermal Structure and Dispersion in Polluted Urban Atmospheres. Purdue University, School of Mechanical Engineering, Heat Transfer Laboratory Report, West Lafayette Indiana. &
- 1964. Scattered radiation in the atmosphere and the natural aerosol. In Advances in geophysics (ed. H. E.Landsberg & J.VonMieghem), vol. 10, pp. 101–260. Academic Press, New York.
- 1960. Radiative transfer. Dover, New York.
- 1965. Study of the flow of a radiating gas by a differential approximation. Doctorial Dissertation, Stanford University.
- 1966. The elliptical polarization of light scattered by a volume of atmospheric air. Appl. Opt., 5 569–575.
- 1970. Vertical-attenuation model with eight surface meteorological ranges 2 to 13 kilometers. Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories Report No. AFCRL-70-0200, Bedford, Mass.
- 1971. Bestimmung der Absorption von sichtbaren Strahlung durch Aerosolpartikeln. Beitr. Phys. frei Atm., 43 244–254.
- 1964. Atmospheric radiation. Clarendon Press, Oxford.
- 1972. Relationship of optical observations to aerosol mass loading. Air Pollution Control Assoc., 22 356–358.
- Handbook of geophysics, 1960. The Macmillan Company, New York.
- 1972. Computation of the extinction of visible radiation by atmospheric particles as a function of the relative humidity, based upon measured properties. Aerosol Science, 3 377–386.
- 1965. A numerical solution to the equation of radiative transfer. J. Atmos. Sci., 22 559–566. &
- 1972. Atmospheric transport, dispersion, and chemical reactions in air pollution: a review. AIAA Journal, 10 377–387.
- 1969. Radiation in the atmosphere. Academic Press, New York.
- 1972. Radiation processes in the atmosphere. World Meteorological Organization Publication No. 209, Geneva.
- 1973. Complex Atmospheric Energetics Experiment (CAENEX). GARP Publications Series, ICSU-WMO, Geneva.
- 1963. Basic methods in transfer problems. Dover, New York.
- 1961. Photochemistry of air pollution. Academic Press, New York.
- 1963. An investigation of radiant heat transfer in absorbing, emitting and scattering media. Ph.D. Thesis, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
- 1969. Study of air pollution detection by remote sensors. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Report NASA CR-1380, Washington, D.C. &
- 1960. Direct absorption of solar radiation by atmospheric water vapor. J. Meteor., 17 319–238.
- 1968. A study of radiative characteristics of condensed gas deposits on cold surfaces. Ph.D. Thesis, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
- 1961. Multiple scattering calculations for technology. Appl. Opt., 10 1485–1502. &
- 1971. Prediction by numerical models of transport and diffusion in an urban boundary layer. The Center for the Environment and Man, Inc., Final Report OEM Contract No. 4982, Hartford, Conn. , &
- 1961. Some aircraft observations of fluxes of solar radiation in the atmosphere. Quart. J. Roy. Met. Soc., 37 346–363.
- 1970. Some meteorological aspects of radiation measurement. In Advances in geophysics (ed. H. E.Landsberg & J.VanMieghem), vol. 14, pp. 285–306. Academic Press, New York.
- 1971. Experimental and theoretical study of absorption in an anisotropic scattering medium. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME Paper 71-HT-20, New York. , &
- 1970. The transfer of solar irradiance through inhomogeneous turbid atmospheres evaluated by Eddington's approximation. J. Atmos. Sci., 27 1048–1055. &
- 1958. The physical theory of neutron chain reactors. The University of Chicago Press, Chicago. &
- 1969. Determination of aerosol size distribution for spectral attenuation measurement. Appl. Opt., 8 447–453. &