Industrial production of carbon dioxide from fossil fuels and limestone
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
1973 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 25, Issue 2, pages 174–198, April 1973
How to Cite
KEELING, C. D. (1973), Industrial production of carbon dioxide from fossil fuels and limestone. Tellus, 25: 174–198. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1973.tb01604.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Manuscript received March 11; revised version November 9, 1972
- 1970. A theoretical approach to the Suess effect. Proc. Roy. Soc., London, Series A, 318, 213–230. &
- 1970. Variations in the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere in the northern hemisphere. Tellus 22, 431–442. &
- 1959. Changes in the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere and sea due to fossil fuel combustion. In The atmosphere and the sea in motion, Rossby Memorial Volume (ed. B.Bolin), pp. 130–142. Rockefeller Institute Press, New York. &
- 1967. Fuel, solid, liquid and gaseous, 6th ed. 518 p. Edward Arnold, London. &
- 1959. An analysis of the possible recent change in atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration. Tellus 11, 220–230.
- 1971. Carbon dioxide—man's unseen artifact, Chapter 11 in Impingement of Man on the oceans (ed. D.Hood), pp. 287–324. Wiley-Interscience, New York. , &
- 1938. The artificial production of carbon dioxide and its influence on temperature. Quarterly J. of the Royal Meteorological Soc. 64, 223–240.
- 1957. The effect of fuel combustion on the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, Tellus 9, 421–422.
- 1958. On the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Tellus 10, 243–248.
- 1967. Methane in the atmosphere. J. Air Poll. Control Assoc. 17, 518–519.
- 1956. Carbon dioxide variations in the atmosphere. Tellus 8, 176–183. , &
- 1971. Atmospheric dust, the sedimentary cycle and man. Comments on Earth Sciences: Geophysics, 1, 117–132.
- 1971. Soil; a natural sink for carbon monoxide. Science 172, 1229–1231. , &
- 1971. The atmospheric 12CO and 14CO budget. J. Geophys. Res. 76, 2866–2879. , &
- 1960. The concentration and isotopic abundances of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Tellus 12, 200–203.
- 1973a. Atmospheric carbon dioxide variations at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii. Tellus 25, No. 5. , , &
- 1973b. Atmospheric carbon dioxide variations at the South Pole. Tellus 25, No. 5. , , &
- 1940. The chemistry of cement and concretes. Arnold and Co., London. &
- 1972. Carbon monoxide: Natural sources dwarf Man's output. Science 177, 338–339.
- Minerals Year Book, Bureau of Mines, United States Department of the Interior. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C..
- NAPCA, 1970. Summary of emissions in the United States, 1970 edition, 49 pp. Bureau of Criteria and Standards, National Air Pollution Control Admin., Raleigh, N.C., USA.
- OECD, 1969. Energy policy, problems and objections, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Paris. 188 pp.
- 1970. Airborne dust collections over the North Atlantic. J. Geophys. Res. 75, 1782–1793. , &
- 1961. Probability and experimental errors in science. 255 pp. Wiley, New York. ,
- 1965. Atmospheric carbon dioxide, Appendix Y4 of Restoring the Quality of our Environment, a Report of the Environmental Pollution Panel, President's Scientific Advisory Committee, The White House, pp. 111–133.
- 1957. Carbon dioxide exchange between atmosphere and ocean, and the question of an increase of atmospheric CO2 during the past decades. Tellus 9, 18–27. &
- 1968. Carbon monoxide in the atmosphere. J. Air Poll. Control Assoc. 18, 106–110. , &
- 1967. Industrial emissions of carbon dioxide in the United States: a projection. Science 156, 931–2. , &
- SCEP, 1970. Man's impact on the global environment assessment and recommendations for action. Report of the Study of Critical Environmental Problems (SCEP), 319 pp. The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- SMIC, 1971. Inadvertant climate modification. Report of the Study of Man's Impact on Climate (SMIC), 308 p. The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- United Nations, 19511969. World energy supplies. Statistical Papers, Series J., Published by the Statistical Office, U.N. Dept. of Economic and Social Affairs, New York.
- United Nations, 1955. World energy requirements in 1975 and 2000, 33 pp. International Conference on Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy, Published by U.N. Depart. of Economic and Social Affairs, New York.
- 1970. Changes in fundamental properties of asphalt during service in pavements. Final report by Materials Research and Development Inc., Oakland, California, Contract FH-11–6147, Publication No. PB. 190841, available from the National Technical Information Service, Springfield, Va 22151, USA. , &
- 1966. The total mass of the earth's atmosphere. J. Geophys. Res. 71, 385–391.