Stochastic climate models Part I. Theory
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
1976 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 28, Issue 6, pages 473–485, December 1976
How to Cite
Hasselmann, K. (1976), Stochastic climate models Part I. Theory. Tellus, 28: 473–485. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1976.tb00696.x
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
- Received January 19; in final form April 5, 1976
- 1969. The effect of solar radiation variations on the climate of the earth. Tellus, 21, 611–619.
- 1976. Stochastic climate models. Part 2, Application to sea-surface temperature anomalies and thermocline variability (in preparation). &
- GARP US Committee Report, 1975. Understanding climate change. A programme for action. Nat. Acad. Sciences, Wash.
- GARP Publication 16, 1975. The physical basis of climate and climate modelling. World Met. Organiz., Internat. Council Scient. Unions.
- 1966. Feynman diagrams and interaction rules of wave-wave scattering processes. Rev. Geophys., 4, 1–32.
- 1967. Non-linear interactions treated by the methods of theoretical physics (with application to the generation of waves by wind). Proc. Roy. Soc. A, 299, 77–100.
- 1959. Turbulence. McGraw-Hill.
- 1965. Plasma turbulence. Academic Press.
- 1975. Sun-weather-relationships. Aeronautics and Astronautics, 13, 10–19.
- 1976. Stochastic climate models. Part 3, Application to zonally averaged energy models (in preparation).
- 1965. A study of the predictability of a 28-variable atmospheric model. Tellus, 17, 321–333.
- 1968. Climate determinism. Meteor. Monographs, 8, 1–3.
- 1966. Stochastic models of air-sea interaction and climatic fluctuation. (Symp. on the Arctic Heat Budget and Atmospheric Circulation, Lake Arrowhead, Calif., 1966) Mem. RM-5233-NSF, The Rand Corp., Santa Monica.
- 1971. On the spectra of long-period oscillations of geophysical parameters. Tellus, 23, 337–345. &
- 1969. A global climate model based on the energy balance of the earth-atmosphere system. J. Appl. Met., 8, 392–400.
- 1961. Wave propagation in a turbulent medium. McGraw-Hill.
- 1921. Diffusion by continuous movements. Proc. Lond. Math. Soc., 20, 196.
- 1945. On the theory of the Brownian motion. Rev. Mod. Phys., 17, 323–342. &
- 1975. Solar activity and the weather. J. Atmosph. Terrestr. Phys., 37, 237–256.